Weekend Recap

Outfit linked here

Hi hi! I didn't have a post planned for today, but Kenny and I had the best weekend so I thought I'd just sit down and chat about it!


Friday was an absolutely beautiful day. I got off of work a little early and met my mom at me parents' house and we had cocktails on the deck (lemon drop martinis!) Kenny and I had reservations at one of our favorite downtown restaurants that has a big rooftop, so he met me at my parents' house when he got done with work and we walked downtown for dinner. When we got there, the restaurant had messed up our reservation and also told us we were no longer allowed to make reservations for the rooftop specifically, so we ended up just walking around downtown for a little while then back up to my parents' house, and opting for takeout form one of our favorite Asian restaurants (Asian food is my absolute FAVORITE). 


My dad and I had been wanting to watch the Wedding Singer a couple weekends ago, but we couldn't find it available to stream. Lo and behold, it was playing on TV that night so we all watched it and it was so good! I love old Adam Sandler movies, and Kenny and I hadn't seen that one before. We also ended up watching half of The Waterboy which came on after the Wedding Singer ended, but I was way too tired to finish it (it was 1:00am!) so we headed home.

On Saturday, we had made plans to go to Leesburg for the day. I hadn't been there in years, but they have an open-air outlet mall that I used to go to with my mom, and Kenny had visited recently and wanted to go back together. I didn't end up getting anything, but I did see the most wonderful pastel color palette for spring at Ralph Lauren, and some beautiful dresses that I'm still thinking about and regret not getting (this one and this one!) I also had the pleasure of seeing a La Cornue stove at the bargain outlet price of $48,700... Can you imagine?? It was burgundy with copper trim, I think it must've been a custom piece that got returned. I would die to have that in my kitchen. 😍

After shopping til we dropped, we headed to dinner at a place with a backstory... ONCE UPON A TIME Kenny and I had a favorite restaurant in Charlottesville called Travinia, and we went there every single time we were in town. It had amazing food, such a fun atmosphere, and we always had the best time there. One day we rolled up ready to go to dinner like usual, and it was completely dark and abandoned! We were absolutely devastated and couldn't understand why it would've closed, it was always crowded when we went and usually had a waitlist. I know that there used to be several locations throughout the southeast, and most of them have since closed, but I remembered there was a location in Leesburg and saw that it was still open, so we had to go during our trip!

The Leesburg location has the exact same vibe as the Charlottesville one, which made us so happy as soon as we walked in. We got talking with our waiter (who told us he had been working there for several years) and he basically told us that the original corporate owner tried to expand to more locations too quickly while also doing the same thing with a different franchise, and just got in over his head and ended up filing for bankruptcy and closing most of the locations down. He also told us that the manager from the Charlottesville location had purchased the Leesburg location from the original owner, so it's here to stay, which made us so glad to hear!


Our food was just as good as we remembered (they still have the same menu as before); Kenny got mushroom and spinach Marsala pasta and I got roasted Brussels sprouts and fingerling potatoes. We also got tiramisu for dessert which is my favorite (tied with lemon pound cake), and our waiter told us it had won best dessert in the county! After dinner we walked around the complex the restaurant was in for a little while and then headed back home.

On Sunday I had some housework I needed to take care of, and my brother and his girlfriend came over in the afternoon to hang out. Kenny convinced us all we needed to go to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner (they have cauliflower wings now!) so we did that, and then came back home and had brownies that I had whipped up before we left. After that, Stuart and his girlfriend headed home and Kenny and I spent the rest of the evening just relaxing and catching up with the new season of Keeping up with the Kardashians (I'm so sad it's the last season!)

Don't you just love a fun, fulfilling weekend? It really does the soul good!

xoxx, Laura

No comments