Spring Candles from Bath & Body Works

I am an absolute candle fiend, but I have to say that spring and summer are my least favorite seasons for candles. I love the fall and Christmastime for candles because there are so many warm, spicy, and piney scents that really get me into the seasonal spirit. But I feel like in the springtime especially, there aren't as many fragrances that excite me. There are usually a lot of "gourmand" scents (especially at Bath & Body Works) that frankly make me gag, and a lot of heavy florals that can be really overwhelming. When it comes to spring candles, I like scents that are predominantly fresh and herbaceous, so that's what you'll be seeing a lot of on this list.


As usual, I'm including all of the notes for each of the candles as they're listed on the B&BW site because I know those can be helpful when shopping online, although I will say some of them are not informative at ALL, so if you're on the fence about one but the notes sound bad, you might still like it! I try to describe them as best I can and point out what the post prominent notes are.


    1. Rose Water & Ivy (Soft Rose Petals, Rain-Kissed Ivy, Spring Musk): This candle is a mainstay in B&BW's candle collection, so you can always find it in stock no matter the season. It's definitely strong on the rose, but not suffocatingly so - the ivy and spring musk notes freshen it up a bit. It's very feminine and romantic, and if you like floral scents, you'll definitely like this one. I think it'd be a good scent to burn during a bath (IF I LIKED BATHS).
    2. Garden Sage & Apple (Golden Apples, Fresh Garden Sage, Crisp Pear): I used to only attribute apple-scented candles with fall, but now it's one of my favorite year-round fragrances. This one is very apple-forward with a little hint of sage and pear. Really fresh and nice! I ended up getting two of these because it's a good candle that I can burn whenever, and Kenny really likes it too.
    3. Emerald Waters (Salted Sea Waves, Ocean Driftwood, Hint of Orange Blossom): This is the PERFECT fresh coconut fragrance for summer! Coconut isn't included in the notes, but it definitely smells prominently of coconut when it's lit. I love the scent of coconut, but I find that a lot of coconut candles are super heavy and sweet smelling, which isn't my thing. This one is perfectly fresh with the note of orange blossom, and it's the just the right strength so the smell isn't overpowering - I saw some of the reviews said that the throw wasn't strong, but I found it to be perfect.
    4. Cucumber & Lily (Mimosa Blossom, Cucumber Water, Lily of the Valley): I had a couple of this candle last year, and they brought it back this year! It's a super fresh floral, but not overly floral - it smells like if you were holding a bouquet by a waterfall. 😂 It's a great scent for spring because it smells so bright and cheery.
    5. Lavender Vanilla (Lavender Blossom, Creamy Vanilla, White Wood): This is such a great relaxing scent that I like burning before bed. It's definitely a year-round scent, but I burn it more in the spring and summer. I never go for candles with vanilla in them because I find them too sweet, but this one is the exception for me. It's really the perfect combination of lavender and vanilla and smells so cozy.
    6. Bergamot Waters (Sparkling Bergamot, Pristine Blue Waters, Sugared Citrus, Creamy Sandalwood): This is my absolute go-to candle from Bath & Body Works! It's SO fresh and welcoming-smelling, to me it smells like Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue perfume. It's available year-round and I do think it's a good candle for any season, but I burn it even more in the spring and summer when fall and Christmas candles are out of season.
    7. Beach Sage & Mint (Vibrant Mint Sprigs, Coastal Sage, Crisp Bergamot): I got this candle last year, and it's a super unique, unexpected fragrance. It definitely smells like mint, but the freshness of the sage and bergamot add an herbaceous twist that makes it so your house doesn't smell like a pack of gum. It reminds me of a bright, sunny kitchen on a summer day with the windows open to a garden outside and a breeze blowing through.
    8. Warm Ocean Breeze (Ocean Sandalwood, Warm Sage, Eucalyptus Zest, Coconut): This scent is on the "manlier" side, It could almost be a cologne. It reminds me of a beachy spa scent. To me, it smells mostly like sandalwood and eucalyptus with coconut undertones.
    9. Palo Santo (Palo Santo Wood, Warm Amber, Soft Musk): This one is sooo good! I've considered getting it in past seasons but passed on it for some reason, but I picked two up this season and I'm so glad I did. It has a cedary, woodsy smell, but not so much that it smells like fall, more like a beach bonfire. Plus as a little something extra, the label has a bunch of little clear dots on it, so when the candle is lit it looks like fireflies or stars, which is so pretty.


What's your favorite candle for spring and summer? I love trying new ones! Let me know if you try any of these - If I had to recommend ONE, I'd choose Bergamot Waters because it's so so good, and you can get  your hands on it year-round! 


xoxx, Laura

No comments