Spring Wardrobe Staples

 
It'll officially be spring as of this Sunday, and I'm so ready for spring weather! The transition from winter to spring is so dreadful to me (I hate the cold mornings, warm afternoons, and rainy dampness), but I cannot wait for it to get warm for real so I can break out my spring and summer pieces! I wanted to share my ride-or-die spring wardrobe staples that I wear over and over in the spring and summer months to help give some capsule wardrobe-ish inspiration. These are all classic pieces that you can wear year after year, so you'll definitely get good cost-per-wear for all of them.


1. White Jeans
: In the past couple of years, I've turned into a year-round white jeans wearer, but they're especially great to wear in the spring and summer. I prefer a straight, high-waisted style, but I'm linking a bunch of different cuts.


2. Denim jacket
: I've had the same denim jacket since high school (ten years!) so it's safe to say it's a wardrobe staple. This is the current version of the one I have which is almost identical, and I highly recommend it! The cropped length is perfect for layering over dresses.


3. Striped tee
: Long sleeved striped tees are great to throw on with jeans or a skirt and a denim jacket, or as a little extra layer to tie around your shoulders. J. Crew makes my favorite one in a few different colors each year.


4. Shirt dress
: If I could only wear ONE thing all spring and summer, it would be a good shirt dress! They're so easy to throw on with sandals, heels, or sneakers for any look you want. Plus, they're so comfortable and there's a color and style out there for everyone. White ones are so versatile, and this green striped one is on my wishlist!


5. White button down
: You can pair or layer a white button down with just about anything. You can't go wrong tucking one into a pair of jeans, jean shorts, or a jean skirt, and adding your favorite pair of sandals and sunglasses. This oversized one is only $20 and has great reviews!


6. Neutral sandals
: I own almost all of the sandals linked above, and I've gotten tons of wear out of all of them! These and these are my go-tos for work, and this pair is my favorite dressier pair, and they're SO comfortable for heels. I've gone through two black pairs and two nude pairs in the past four or five years, and they're the best pair of the block heel ankle strap style of sandal that I've owned.


7. White sneakers
: White casual sneakers are great for the springtime because they pair well with casual outfits, and you can even throw them on with dresses and skirts. This is my favorite pair even though its a little more on the "athletic" side, but I'm also dying for this pair!


8. Woven bags
: I bought this bag on a whim before a cruise a few years ago, and I've ended up using it a ton! Since then, I've fallen in love with woven bags of all kinds. They're so easy to style and especially fun to bring on vacation to warm climates. I like tying a square scarf onto the handle to dress it up.


9. Classic sunglasses
: Sunglasses are one of my favorite accessories, and I love a good classic frame. This style has been a go-to of mine for the past couple of years (also available in tortoiseshell). I love shopping Amazon for affordable sunglasses too; this pair is my recent favorite, and these are Kenny's! 


10. Fun hair accessories
: If you're new here, I'm a knotted headband addict and I'm proud. It's so easy to spice up a plain outfit with a cute headband! I especially love the colorful patterned ones that come out this time of year - I just ordered this one, and I'm loving this little bow scrunchie, too.


11. Square scarf
: Square bandana scarves are one of the most versatile accessories for spring and summer! I'm thinking of doing a whole post on all of the ways you can style them. My favorite ways are to tie one onto a bag handle, or to get a large one and tie it around your waist as a belt. It's gotten really popular to tie one into your hair, which I also love! This one from Amazon is 100% silk, comes in over 20 colors and patterns, and it's only $15.


I hope you have a great weekend filled with beautiful spring weather!


xoxx, Laura

No comments