February Favorites

Another month... And it's MARCH this time... Remember LAST March?? HA... Anyway... I have a lot of good favorites to share from February, so let's just get into it!


    1. Tarte exfoliating cleanser: I've been wanting to try a new exfoliating cleanser, and I saw Emily Gemma recommend this one so I had to try it. It's a chemical exfoliant so it doesn't feel "scrubby," but it breaks down dead skin and impurities with a combination of acids that also help refine pores. It's vegan and has Sephora's "clean" stamp of approval. It's peppermint and eucalyptus scented which is super nice and invigorating, and you really only need a little drop to work it up to a good lather. I use it about every other day, but it's gentle enough to be used daily. 
    2. Starbucks Nespresso Vertuo capsules: I've had my Nespresso Vertuo machine for over a year now, but I had never seen any Vertuo capsules from other brands besides Nespresso, even though a lot of different brands make the classic capsules. When I spotted some Starbucks Vertuo capsules at Target recently, I had to try them! I think I've tried them all at this point, and it's nice to be able to pick them up at the store rather than having to order them.
    3. Oat milk creamer: Speaking of coffee, whenever I'm feeling something besides my usual black coffee, I like an unflavored, sweetened, dairy-free creamer (especially with the flavored Nespresso capsules). My go-to has always been the Silk sweet and creamy almond milk creamer, but I grabbed this one when I spotted it the other day, and I might like this one even more! 
    4. Coated jeggings: These have been a favorite for a couple of years now, but I had to highlight them this month because I've been wearing them a ton and I like them more than my plain black skinny jeans. They look like coated denim jeans while technically being jeggings, so they're super comfortable, fit well, and they're only $20!
    5. Route App: I saw Caitlin Covington recommend this app and it intrigued me. It allows you to plug in all of your tracking info for packages you have coming and it lets you track them all in once place, and see where they are on a map. You can link it to you email so they all track automatically, but I opted to plug in all my numbers in manually.
    6. e.l.f. tinted balm: To be quite honest, I mainly wanted to try this because of the cute, heart-shaped core. 😂 I haven't been wearing as much lipstick in the past year because, you know, MASKS, so these cute little tinted balms are perfect. I got the shades "lovely" and "happy" and I love both, I'm looking at getting "blissful" too as a nice nude. They're not really shiny even though they're called "lip shines," so I like to layer my favorite lip gloss over top of them.
    7. Down pillow inserts and velvet covers: I was looking for some emerald green velvet throw pillows for our bed, so I took to Amazon to find the perfect pillow covers and inserts. I'm not one to splurge on throw pillows that I might get tired of in a year (except for my plaid Ralph Lauren ones for Christmas #swoon), so getting down pillow inserts with cases that I can swap out is the perfect option. The pillow inserts are great quality, and they come in a variety of sizes (I got the 18"x18"). They came absolutely FLATTENED in a small box, so I threw them in the dryer for about 15 minutes and they fluffed up perfectly. The velvet covers are super soft and lovely, they have a nice concealed zipper, and they come in a million colors. All in all, it came out to around $16 per pillow, which is probably better than I could've even done at TJ Maxx.
    8. Netflix: I loved so many shows this month! My favorites were Firefly Lane and Good Girls. I cannot wait for another season of Firefly Lane, and I was so glad there are three seasons out of Good Girls because once I started, I was hooked. I also watched the Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel documentary which was really good. A lot of true crime documentaries tend to drag, but I thought this one was paced well. In OLD SHOW NEWS, I finally watched both The Circle and Emily in Paris this month and loved both of those as well! I had heard mixed reviews about Emily in Paris so I assumed I wouldn't like it, but I actually thought it was really fun and cute. 
    9. Peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipe: This recipe is so good that I went back and deleted all other peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipes that I had saved on Pinterest! They're super chewy and flavorful; I find that the peanut butter flavor gets lost in a lot of other peanut butter cookie recipes, but this one is perfect. I like adding mini M&M's to them to make them like monster cookies.
    10. Morse code cocktail recipe: If you're craving summer, you have to make this cocktail! It tastes like a day on the beach. The link is for a series of cocktails to scroll down to find the one called the morse code (it's the fifth one on the list). I didn't think I'd be crazy about it because I don't like sweeter cocktails and I don't always like rum, but this one has definitely become a go-to. The fresh strawberry and pineapple rum definitely make the cocktail. Please make it and let me know how you like it! 

 

I hope you had a great weekend! Kenny and I had a lot of fun this weekend. On Friday we watched Nomadland on Hulu which was really well done but not my thing. 😂 We both love Frances McDormand though, so it was worth it just to see her. 


On Saturday, we got brunch with a friend at our favorite place downtown, and then we went to Charlottesville for the day to run some errands and do some shopping. I wanted to hit Trader Joe's, and I got some new candles for spring at Bath & Body Works (recommendations coming soon!) The highlight of Saturday for us was that we tried a new-to-us Italian restaurant that is hands down our new favorite! We've had two other favorite Italian restaurants that have both closed under strange circumstances and broke our hearts, so we're glad to have found a really good one to take their places. 


On Sunday, we sort of accidentally got into a major reorganizing zone and spent most of the day working around the house. I wish I had one more day off to keep going while I'm so highly motivated, ha! My brother stopped by on his way through town, so we talked to him for a while which was nice. Once we stopped cleaning, we had Italian leftovers for dinner and continued watching Good Girls on Netflix (I binged the first two seasons last weekend when Kenny was gone, but I restarted it with him when he got back because I knew he'd love it too!) 


HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

xoxx, Laura


No comments