February Favorites

Happy March! March is always a weird month, you can never predict the weather. The transition to spring is my least favorite time of year because of how erratic the weather is! We've had a relatively mild winter in Virginia, but I've still been holding out hope for one good snow. We had a bit of a snow day earlier in the winter, but its bark was worse than its bite.

I'm excited for March, because I have a lot planned! I think that I have every weekend booked with wedding festivities, birthdays, and general merriment. As usual, with a new month comes new favorites. Here's everything I've been enjoying over the past month!

  1. Lano 101 Ointment fruities trio: If you read my battle of the balms post, then you know that the Lano 101 Ointment is my favorite lip balm of all time. Well, it comes in a three-pack now featuring new flavors! Strawberry was the original, but now they have apple and peach too.
  2. Prada Candy: I have been ending up with free samples of this perfume with various purchases from Ulta, Sephora, and Nordstrom for years. I never liked it at first, but after all this time of trying to not let my samples go to waste, I somehow fell in love with it. I think the sweetness of it used to put me off (the top note is caramel), but somewhere along the way I came around. It's an eau de parfum rather than a toilette, so it lasts a long time on the skin. 
  3. the goop lab: I started this series expecting to laugh at how out-there Gwyneth Paltrow typically comes across, but I found it to be completely enthralling! They discuss several different holistic wellness topics and how they're being studied, tested, and implemented. There are interviews with professionals from the fields, as well as individuals who have experienced each of the methods or treatments. It piqued my interest and curiosity immediately, but you definitely have to have an open mind in order to enjoy it. I ended up watching the whole season (six episodes) in one evening, and I'd definitely be interested in more episodes!
  4. Makoto ginger dressing: I think I've consumed 4-5 bottles of this in the past month... and that's the truth. If you like the ginger dressing that they serve at Japanese restaurants, then you'll love this! It's not quite the same, but so good. I got my coworker turned onto it too, and she said it's like crack, haha!
  5. Love is Blind: If you haven't gotten on the Love is Blind bandwagon then God bless you because that show is a RIDE, haha! I've never watched any other relationship reality shows (Bachelor/Bachelorette, 90 Day Fiance, Married at First Sight...), but based on how much I loved Love is Blind, I'm thinking I'd probably like those too! Ten episodes weren't enough, I'm definitely hoping for more seasons. I found this interview with the executive producer of the show that explains a lot of logistical details that I had been wondering that aren't explicitly addressed in the show. If you've watched the season, then you'll LOVE (and relate to) this compilation of tweets from people reacting to the show, which was quickly followed up with another.
  6. Distressed jeans: I've been looking for the perfect pair of distressed, lighter wash, straight leg jeans for a couple of years now, and I've finally found them! I wear jeans much less frequently than dresses or skirts, so I only keep a small core collection (I basically only wear dark wash or black skinnies). A lot of people who rave about Old Navy jeans, but I've never had any luck with them until now. These are great! They fit perfectly, and the denim is a true denim, thick and not very stretchy. For such an affordable price point, I'm considering getting another pair in a different wash. 
  7. Headband set: If you're new here, hi, I have a knotted headband obsession. I picked up this pack of nine for $13 (on Prime!) and I wear one more days than not. They're not too tight and usually don't hurt my head, even after a full day's wear.
  8. Alani Nu energy drinks: I love a good "healthier" energy drink option for those times when I'm just not in the mood for coffee. I wrote a whole post about my favorite ones last summer, and I'd definitely add this brand to the list if I wrote it again! I like that they're made with much cleaner ingredients than your typical energy drink, and they have fun, unique flavors. I like them all, but tropsicle and Hawaiian shaved ice are my favorites.
  9. Star charm earrings: I got these for Christmas and I love wearing them, they're so pretty and delicate. They look like pieces from trendy fine jewelry brands, but are so much less expensive.
  10. Flowerbomb Bombilicious: When I first smelled this perfume, I was so surprised at how much I liked it! I do NOT enjoy the original Flowerbomb in any way, but this edition is completely different. It's floral but with a lot of fresh citrus notes that make it so light and airy. It's pricey, but it's perfect for the spring and summer months, and would be a great wedding fragrance.

I hope you had a good weekend! I had an unexpectedly exciting one! I'll be sharing the story of what happened on Wednesday, and I'll be announcing the news on Instagram today, so head over there first for the inside scoop.

xoxx, Laura

No comments