Trend Spotlight: Work From Home Edit

WORKING FROM HOME! Are you in that boat? Almost every single person I know is either working from home, or their employer is closed indefinitely. It's definitely a weird season of life for most of us right now, BUT it does have some bright sides, or at least things that we can appreciate from it. One of which being: work from home attire!

My work from home style is about half a step up from total bum status. I wear loungewear but try to make it a little chic, and I always put at least the bare minimum makeup on. It makes me feel more productive! I know you're not supposed to work from your couch, but I have been and I have no regrets. Just let me live!

I rounded up all of my favorite work from home essentials. It's mostly clothing, but I also threw in a few other things that are must-haves when working out of your own abode. I know we all have a stash of our favorite leggings, so I'm skipping those today. Most of the things are pieces I have and love, so you can't go wrong!



Some other recommendations for great things to have while for working from home:

A PROJECT: While spending so much time at home, you need to have something fun to work on besides actual work. Of course I have the blog, but I personally also love cooking and baking, and cross stitching. Social isolation is the perfect time to try new recipes (check out my Pinterest for some of my favorites) or pick up a new craft! I know a lot of people enjoy coloring, and Lilly Pulitzer just released free printable coloring pages which I definitely want to do, and I think my mom would love them too! Repetitive activities like coloring are very therapeutic, and a great way to get your mind off the news.

A PET: I cannot tell you what a blessing it has been to have Roxy while I've been working from home! She sits with me pretty much all day long while I'm working, and we take breaks to play. Having her around has made being home all the time so much more fun, I love her so much! I'm sure you've seeing posts circulating about how pet fosters are needed now more than ever, and if you're able, it'd be a great time to foster a homeless animal while you're home more often. They'd appreciate the extra love and attention, I know Roxy has!

STREAMING SERVICES: In state-mandated social isolation for 30 days? Then it's the perfect time to sign up for a free-trial of a streaming service that you don't already subscribe to and binge a show (or five?) while you're at home with nothing better to do. If you like it then great, and if you don't, then you can say "see ya!"  after the free trial. I honestly don't know what I'd do without Netflix and Hulu right now! A lot of people are posting their favorite shows and movies to watch right now, and there are a lot of good recommendations out there!

CANDLES: I love candles as it is, but I've been especially enjoying having them burning all day while I'm at home to make it extra cozy. Some of my favorite springy scents that aren't too strong to burn all day long are white tea and sage and rose water and ivy from bath and body works. I also love cranberry patchouli from Target, but I'm out of it right now!

WINE: Listen, I've had wine every night since this whole thing started and I wouldn't have it any other way. They say you should stick to a routine while working from home and I've made red wine a part of mine! Antioxidants, right? Right??

I hope you're holding up and getting the hang of this new normal, and if you're out on the front lines working as a healthcare worker, a first responder, a grocery store employee, a delivery person, or any of the other essential personnel who do not have the luxury of being able to from home, THANK YOU! You are the backbone of this nation now more than ever.

xoxx, Laura

No comments