Trend Spotlight: Big Sleeves

When I was watching E's red carpet predictions for the Grammy's a couple weekends ago, one of the trends they mentioned expecting to see was "volume." Think massive ballgowns, sleeves that probably required an architect to construct, and tons of tulle. And they nailed that prediction! Here are some of the looks that epitomize volume (all via The Cut):

Chrissy Tiegen
Ariana Grande
FKA Twigs
Nicole Trunfio
Shania Twain
Tarriona "Tank" Ball

I love a good statement sleeve, so I was just giddy to see all of these incredible looks. Which of course reminds me of the iconic Napoleon Dynamite line...

"I like your sleeves. They're real big"


Not that those looks aren't insanely fab, but unfortunately we've gotta take it down a notch for the civilian (non-A-list celebrity) world. I found some amazing voluminous sleeved pieces with tons of organza and extra-ness. Scroll through the widget below to behold my favorites!


This sheer pink blouse might be my favorite piece of the bunch - it screams "birthday" vibes to me!

This floral number reminds me of Zimmermann, but a touch edgier and a LOT cheaper.

The feathers on this blouse are just gorgeous. Could you ever wash it? No idea, but it's amazing regardless.

This dotted blouse is plain fun. It's sheer, so you could style it with whatever color scheme you want by layering a cami or bralette underneath.

This white exaggerated ruffle sleeve blouse is classic, and perfect for work or play. I have a similar version that I LOVE, featured here.


I hope you have a GREAT weekend! I don't have any set plans yet, but Kenny and I have been wanting to go see The Gentlemen, and I'm sure we'll get a fun dinner date in at some point. I also need to do TAXES *gasp/faint* so I might get to those on Sunday... maybe!

xoxx,
Laura

No comments