Trend Spotlight: Tie Dye

THROWBACK ALERT! I know I'm in good company when I say that I LOVED making tie dye shirts with my friends during the summer in middle school and high school. Did you ever do REVERSE tie dye?? Using a colored shirt with bleach water instead of a white shirt and dye? That was another level of tie dye skill.

Tie dye is going to be hot this spring and summer, and I'm not going to lie... I think it's so tacky 😂 SO I set out to find a collection of pieces that I didn't hate in case you're like me and you're interested in participating in the trend, but don't necessarily love it as a whole.

I'm gonna be honest, looking at all of these pieces together is a monstrosity. BUT, on their own, I think they're all fun pops of color and great pieces for the upcoming spring season.



  1. Chevron crop top: Chevron as a fashion and decor trend is long gone (thank God) but I still appreciate a good chevron pattern every now and again.
  2. Fisherman sweater: Fisherman sweaters are a (unisex!) classic, and we all know I love a good twist on a classic piece. It's a good way to represent a trend without stepping too far out of your comfort zone.
  3. Crew neck sweatshirt: Loungewear, can you ever have enough of it? If you said yes, I didn't hear you.
  4. Bodysuit: I've mentioned before that I'm not the biggest bodysuit fan, but this one is quite lovely. I think it'd be great with high-waisted jean shorts into summer.  
  5. Ruched swimsuit: How pretty is this swimsuit?! It might be my favorite piece of the bunch. I love the color scheme and the bow straps.
  6. Bikini (top, bottoms):I love the cut of this bikini, its sporty but also feminine. I know we're talking tie dye here, but it also comes in a sleek black that I love (along with fuschia, and blue tie dye), too.
  7. Headband: For perhaps the millionth time: I love knotted headbands! This would be a great piece to add a pop of color to an otherwise neutral outfit.
  8. Satin wrap blouse: Wrap blouses are one of my favorite pieces that go from work to date night. This one has a super flattering cut with the seam at the waist.
  9. Cami and midi skirt set: Co-ord sets have been very popular for the past few years, and I love that they can provide a polished look, but also be worn separately. If I only got one half of this set, I'd go for the cami.
  10. Tie strap dress: The tie straps on this dress are too darling. It'd be perfect for any outdoor events you have coming up this spring and summer
  11. Slip dress: This dress just screams "summer wedding" to me, I wish I had an event to wear it to! The cowl neckline is one of my favorites, it's so sophisticated and sexy.
  12. Marble midi skirt: I love the marble look this gray tie dye gives! So sleek with a white blouse and nude heels.

I hope you had a fun weekend! Kenny and I had an absolutely amazing dinner date on Friday at the same place we had our wedding reception. It was the best night and we loved going back and reliving wedding memories four months later. On Saturday, we hung out with my brother and spent the evening at my parents house, and then yesterday we got brunch with one of our dear friends who was in town for the weekend and then ran some errands and had a chill night in.

I hope you have a wonderful week!

xoxx, Laura

No comments