Summer Staples Workwear Look

Happy Friday, babe! Today is my two-year work anniversary at my job, and I am so grateful! I love where I work, and my director and coworkers are great mentors and amazing people. I am so, so lucky to have the job that I do, and to be able to have worked there for two years full-time so far (plus four years half-time as a student) is such a blessing!

If you work in an office like me, then you're always trying to find a way to spice up your workwear game. Today's look is comprised of some of my wardrobe staples; some classic pieces and a couple of trends. It's modest enough to wear to work, with a few bells and whistles to make it fun. 

Similar Shirt | Pants | Sandals | Louis Vuitton Bag
If I'm not in a dress or skirt at work, I'm probably wearing something similar to this outfit. Every single one of the pieces I'm wearing is a wardrobe staple for me, and they all get a ton of wear during the warm months. This ruffle-sleeve blouse is such a fun take on a classic white button up, and I know I'll continue to wear it year after year. I think that the concealed placket is an elegant touch, and makes it look expensive.

If you read my paperbag-waist trend spotlight post, you know my love for these pants is nothing new. They're SO great to wear in my business-casual office setting. I like them much more than traditional dress pants; however, although they've been around for a few years now, I still file them under "trendy."


I definitely adore the pearl barrette trend, but I don't know how much I like it on myself. I kind of feel like it makes me look like I have half of my head shaved, ha!


BTW, most of these photos were taken outside of someone I don't know's house... some even in the yard, ha! Kenny's a trooper for letting me drag him anywhere and everywhere for photos without complaint.

Barrettes | Similar Sunglasses | Lipstick
If you're as obsessed as I am with my lip and nail color, check out Wednesday's post on my favorite color for summer! The only downside - it brings out the yellow in your teeth. I'm not about to give up coffee and red wine anytime soon, though!


How amazing are these wisteria blooms?! They were up pretty high so it was hard to get photos of them, but they were so beautiful. I grew up with wisteria in my back yard, but it never bloomed because it was too shady. I was missing out for sure! Who can resist that cascade of lavender?

What do you have going on this weekend? Kenny and I are having a date night tonight in Lexington (our favorite date spot!), and then he's heading back home to spend time with his mom for Mother's Day. It's calling for rain (AGAIN) this weekend, so I'm not sure what I'll get into! My mom and I want to walk around the arboretum and see how the flowers are doing. My parents' yard is primarily shady, so she always likes going there for landscaping inspiration. I'm feeling some baking too...

Whatever you get into this weekend, have a great one!
xoxx, Laura

No comments