What I'm Packing for Savannah

Happy Friday! Kenny and I are headed to Savannah, Georgia for a long weekend and I have SPRING on the brain! Unfortunately, the forecast in Savannah doesn't look much different from the weather that we've been having in Virginia lately. It's gonna be a little chilly for my taste! BUT what feels chilly to me is typically Kenny's ideal temperature, so I'm sure I'll be able to talk him into walking everywhere with me when other times of year might be too hot for his taste (never too hot for me, though).

I wanted to share what I'm packing for our trip to Savannah since it's for the more "transitional" weather, but I still wanted to include some springy pieces. I rarely pack light, so I'm trying to treat this as a semi-capsule wardrobe as much as possible. 

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
Even though the weather in Georgia isn't going to be as warm as I'd like, I'm still gonna be dressing for warmer weather. While I love my cozy sweaters, I'm looking forward to brightening up a bit for our little trip south for the winter!

Speaking of sweaters, my go-to for the spring transitional season are light colored, still cozy knits. I picked up these lavender and blue ones with the intention of wearing them with denim and sneakers for the daytime. Savannah is extremely walkable, and while I can stay comfortable in my heeled boots for most of the day, I wanted to have something more comfortable for exploring.

Another transitional style must is layering. Not only is it stylish, but it helps you to keep warm when you don't necessarily want to wear a coat around. I keep my denim and faux leather jackets close at hand when the temperatures are in the 50's-60's.

I can't wait to share what we end up doing! I already have some fun brunch and dinner reservations made, and some fun daytime activities planned. I took a lot of recommendations from Pinterest, but lucky for me, I have a friend who lived in Savannah, so she sent me ALLLLL of her recs too. I'm hoping to strike just the right balance of touristy attractions and cool local joints. Stay tuned, because I plan on posting a whole travel guide about everything we do!

I hope you have a great weekend, I'll catch you back here on Monday!

SHOP THE POST:



No comments