Virginia Blair Waldorf

Happy Wednesday! I hope you're having a great week. I've had a crazy one so far, which has sort of been the theme of 2020!

Coat: Thifted (similar) | Sweater: French Connection | Skirt: J. Crew (similar)
Shoes: Nine West (similar, similar) | Headband: Amazon | Bag: Michael Kors Mercer XL
I'd like to think this outfit would be something Blair Waldorf would wear if she were roaming the streets of Virginia (gorgeous, historic downtown Staunton, in my case). The headband is what really gives the look that Manhattan princess vibe, but I think she'd gravitate toward the houndstooth and pleats too. 


Let's talk about this coat... I got it at a thrift store at least ten years ago, it may have even been when I was in middle school. How crazy?! At the time, houndstooth was HOT and I thought this coat was the steal of a lifetime. Since then, I have only worn it once or twice... It's too big on me and doesn't fasten in the front, so I've always had trouble styling it. Even though this coat has been sitting in my closet for years and years, I've had a hard time parting with it. I keep telling myself it's classic and I'll wear it one of these days! Well my friend, that day has come. Boyfriend-style outwear is very on trend right now, and as I was cleaning out my closet recently, I tried this coat on to give it one more shot. And it finally sparked joy again! I was happy to be able to style it with a dressier outfit as opposed to the more casual combos that oversized outerwear is typically put with.


Black and white is an unbeatable combo, and a no-brainer to put together. I paired my vintage-ish coat with my tried and true white turtleneck, and one of my favorite skirts. I love this skirt because it's girly and edgy at the same time, and not too much to wear to work.


I hope you have a great rest of the week! One day closer to Friday, right?!

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST: 


No comments