Winter Uniform + My Favorite Boots

Happy Wednesday! Today I'm sharing my winter uniform as of lately. I've worn this outfit several times over the past few weeks, and it's been my favorite! It's the product of a simple recipe that's easy to put together, and makes you look put together: basic sweater, your favorite jeans, structured coat (neutral, colored, or statement!), comfortable (or not) boots, and a few accessories to top it all off.

Coat | Sweater | Jeans | Boots | Headband | LV Speedy Bandouliere 30
Let's start with this coat. I also wore it in this post and as I mentioned there, I love the style but the quality isn't phenomenal (not bad, just not Ralph Lauren-caliber). However, it's on sale for only $65 right now, which is great even if it only lasts a few seasons. It comes with a detachable faux fur collar, which is super fun!


Next, this turtleneck. I'm all about a good basic, and I love the French Connection brand for their knits and dresses. I have relatively good luck finding it at T.J. Maxx this time of year, and even got my mom hooked on their sweaters.

I've mentioned this in the past, but one of my techniques to stay warm (and also preserve my nicer sweaters) is to wear a long sleeved tee shirt underneath my sweaters in the winter. I do it 100% of the time! You just need a tee shirt with a neckline that matches the sweater you're wearing (usually a crew neck or v-neck will suffice) and voilà! A secret extra layer that keeps you warm and no one else can see.


I never really talk about my everyday jeans, but I really only ever wear American Eagle jeggings. They're so comfortable and flattering, and always affordable! I wear jeans so infrequently that I could never really justify a designer pair, so it's great that these have such a great fit at such a great price.


From my December favorites, this headband is back (I told you I'd still wear it after the holidays 😉)! I absolutely love the knotted style, and the pop of red that that it provides. Plus, you can't beat a classic tartan plaid.

Also from my December favorites, these chubby hoop earrings. I think they're such a fun take on the classic hoop!


And now the moment you've (I've) been waiting for: my new favorite boots! 😍 They really are the best. Along with the headband and earrings, I also featured these in my December favorites and they were definitely my favorite item of the month. Besides being the cutest ever, they're SUPER warm. Even warmer than Uggs, in my opinion.


I wore them with red laces here, but they also come with cognac laces to match the leather, which are just as pretty (and I'll be featuring in another outfit soon!) They're real leather, so be sure to treat them with weatherproofing spray before wearing them (which I failed do initially - I was too excited to break them out! I got some scuffs on them that were pretty easily cleaned off.) They also come in an all black version, if brown isn't your szhuszh, or if you just can't get enough of them.


I hope you're having a great week so far! We had our first snow of the season yesterday amidst a series of unseasonably warm days, so that was nice! I love the snow in Virginia; enough to make it pretty a handful of times per winter, but not so much that I want to pack up and move to Florida.

xoxx, Laura

No comments