How to Make a Honey Cinnamon Latte

My big Christmas gift from Kenny this year was a Nespresso machine, and I've been really enjoying playing with it for the past few weeks! I previously had a DeLonghi model that I wasn't in love with because I couldn't get a hang of the milk frother, plus I wanted a model that would brew both espresso and coffee to save counter space. So far I'm loving my Nespresso, and working on perfecting all of my favorite coffee drinks at home.


My first original creation has been a honey cinnamon oat milk latte! I was inspired to create this drink after being underwhelmed by the new Starbucks almond milk honey flat white (even the baristas warned me that it wasn't all that before letting me order it 😂). I whipped it up one afternoon last week, and nailed it right away if I do say so myself! It's just sweet enough to complement the milk and let the flavor of the espresso reign, while being super warm and comforting with the honey and cinnamon.


Ingredients

  • 1 T honey
  • 1-2 shots espresso
  • 8 oz milk of choice (I've been loving Oatly barista edition)
  • Dash ground cinnamon

Directions

  1. Spoon honey into the bottom of a mug. If you are using an automatic espresso machine (like a Nespresso), brew your espresso over the honey. If you are using a traditional stovetop espresso maker, brew the espresso as usual and pour it over the honey. With a mini whisk, stir the espresso and honey until the honey is dissolved.
  2. Froth your milk (I use this frother). Pour the milk over the espresso and honey, leaving the frothy part behind. Stir to combine.
  3. Spoon the milk froth over the latte and top with a shake of cinnamon, to taste. Inhale the delicious, comforting aroma, and enjoy! 

Do you have the day off today? I'm off and loving life. I have a breakfast date with a friend this morning, and then I plan on getting some housework and recipe testing done this afternoon. (I'm working on creating the perfect vegan frittata after having a delicious one when I was out for brunch a few weeks ago!) I have a jam packed next couple of weeks at work, so I'm grateful to have a little extra calm before the storm.

xoxx, Laura

No comments