Trend Spotlight: Leopard Coats

Happy Monday, and welcome back to the first "real" work week of the new year! I know, I know, I'm bummed too. BUT it'll be good to get back to a routine, and I'm excited to get back into my cooking schedule! I love browsing recipes and cooking dinner every night, I look forward to it every day.

It's no secret that leopard print has absolutely blown up over the past few years. I've been rather selective in the leopard pieces that I like (mules, yes; sweaters, hell no) but one thing that I've been suddenly lusting over is faux fur leopard coats. There's just something so fun and glam about them, but you can wear them over any "dressiness" of outfit. While statement coats aren't necessarily the most practical, leopard print has become a neutral nowadays.

Let's start with some faux leopard coat outfit inspo:

Anthropologie
Emily Gemma
Margaret Kamara
Brunette and Babes
Sarah Becker
Sydney Carver
Brooke Burnett
Kelly Ruth
Image via
Amy Jackson

Image via

I rounded up my favorite budget-friendly faux fur leopard coat options because let's face it, they can get pricey. I kept them under $200, but most are much less expensive, like this one that's on sale for just $22!

I think my favorite of the bunch is this one from Express because the pattern is on the smaller side and it has a more tailored look. I love the lapels! I ordered it to try out, I don't know if I'll like it on me or not, but it's too cute not to at least see! I'm partial to the longer cut, but I think the shorter ones are better for incorporating into an athleisure or streetwear look, so if that's your vibe, then those are for you.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4
5 | 6 | 7 | 8


I hope you have a great week! I'm getting back to the office life grind this week, and I have some new outfit posts in store for the next couple of weeks. I'm already looking forward to the weekend though, because my alma mater JMU is going to the FCS national football championship (for the third time in the past four years!) in Frisco, Texas this Saturday! GO DUKES!

xoxx, Laura

No comments