Wedding Wednesday: Engagement Gift Ideas

IT'S CUFFING SEASON, PEOPLE! If you're in your 20's or 30's, chances are you know of at least one person who got engaged over the holiday season. Whatever time of year it is, I'm certainly in that time of my life when people I know are getting engaged left and right. After having a wedding of my own, I'd like to think I know what most brides like, want, and need (and DON'T like, want, or need...)

Kenny and I received so many cool and unique engagement gifts after we got engaged, and I also came up with some other ideas that I've had friends receive, or would've loved to receive myself, so I'm compiling them all! One of my favorite ways to show love or appreciation for my friends and family is to give them gifts that I know they'll love, and I get so embarrassed when I can't think of anything good!

I think this list has a great variety of gifts that you can mix and match to suit any bride's (or couple's) taste to make them feel loved and celebrated during the exciting season of being engaged! I like that many of them are customizable, and you could have them shipped straight to the recipient if you don't live near them. Or, if you're lucky enough to have the inside scoop on a bestie's engagement ahead of time, you can have a gift ready to go as soon as it happens!


  1. Venus et Fleur: I'm starting with one of my favorite engagement gifts that I received, a Venus et Fleur rose arrangement! I can vouch for the longevity of them; I've had mine for almost a year and a half and they're still just as beautiful as day one (read my full review here). They're also good gift for your faraway friends because you can have an arrangement sent straight to their door with a personalized message. 
  2. Mrs. thong: "Something blue" alert! How sexy is this personalized thong with your girl's new Mrs. Last Name and wedding date? These are a no-brainer to wear for the wedding day, or for the honeymoon. You can get them with any color text that you want, but I think blue is perfect for bridal purposes.
  3. Christmas ornament: Another one of my favorite engagement gifts that I received was an engagement-themed Christmas ornament. I love having ornaments to commemorate moments, so it was such a sweet idea! Etsy has tons of cute handmade, personalized options.
  4. Custom framed Instagram photo: If your friend is the type of girl who posted about her proposal basically the minute after it happened, then this is perfect for her. You can get her proposal announcement custom framed straight from Instagram (even from your phone). Easy and so personal! 
  5. Personalized champagne bottle: This such a unique and thoughtful gift, and a beautiful addition to any bar cart. Personally, I would never want to open it! But it would be fun to drink as a celebration of your engagement, to christen your first home together, or even on your wedding day.
  6. Sugarfina gummies: Who doesn't love these?! They're such a luxurious little treat, and I love the champagne ones for a celebration.
  7. Initial bottle stopper: Gifting something with an initial on it is an easy way to make a gift personal. I'd gift this wine bottle stopper with a bottle of wine and a pair of initialed champagne flutes! I also love this marble one
  8. Monogrammed champagne flutes: These are perfect to gift with a bottle of champagne for the couple to rep their new shared last initial!
  9. Address book and pen: This address book was something I gifted to myself before my wedding, and it has been so useful ever since. My mom always kept a physical address book in the house to keep track of people's addresses, so I copied a bunch of addresses from hers. It's been so helpful to not have to bug people about their addresses every time I need it for invitations, thank you notes, Christmas cards, or anything else. 
  10. Champagne toast candle: This fresh, bright scent is one of Bath and Body Works' most popular candle fragrances, and the fact that it's champagne scented makes it perfect for a celebration!
  11. Crystal ring dish: Once you have that bling, you're gonna want to protect it at all costs. Some girls choose to leave their rings on 24/7, while others take them off to do things like shower and wash dishes. If you're taking your ring off, you're going to want to have a home base for it so that it always has somewhere safe to chill while you're off doing your dirty (or clean) work. Waterford crystal is timeless and classic, and makes a lovely gift. I love this heart-shaped ring dish, it comes in a pretty box that will match any bedroom, bathroom, or kitchen decor.
  12. "I Do" slippers: These are so fun for a bachelorette weekend, honeymoon, and beyond! They have a black "I Do Crew" version that'd be adorable for rocking as a bridesmaid for getting ready the day of the wedding.
  13. Monogram pajamas: What girl isn't excited to rock her new married monogram right away?! This sleep shirt would be cute combined with the "I Do" slippers above, or any other cozy gift for your homebody bride.
  14. Mrs. mug: Almost everyone I know loves coffee and/or tea, so a mug is always a fun gift. Add a personalized touch with your girl's soon-to-be new last name and it's the perfect addition to a ring pic! I also love this "wifey" mug.

That wraps up all my engagement gift inspiration! I hope you got some good ideas for the soon-to-be wives in your life.

xoxx, Laura

No comments