June Favorites

Happy July, baby! I have a short work week this week because of the Fourth of July holiday and I'm pumped! My office always gets the fourth off, but this year we were granted the fifth off as well, so I'm super excited for a four-day summer weekend. The Fourth of July is always so much fun because it's truly the HEART of summer, and such a carefree day of cookouts and pool parties and fireworks and friends (cue National Anthem).

Since we're in a new month yet again (how does that keep happening?) I'm sharing everything I was loving in the month of June. It's a bit of a random one, but I hope you enjoy!


  1. LV Pochette Accessories: Dude... you will not believe how I acquired this vintage beauty! Long story short, a woman who is a client of Kenny's came into his office one day carrying a Louis Vuitton bag and he complimented it, so the next time she came in she brought this vintage Pochette Accessories and asked him if I would want it. He said DUH, and now it's mine! I'm going to feature it in a post soon, so stay tuned for that.
  2. Limitless sparkling water: Caffeinated sparkling water, need I say more?? I'm a sparkling water fiend, and this is good to drink in the afternoon when you don't necessarily want coffee, but you could use a LITTLE something to keep you going til 5:00. I find it at Walmart!
  3. Babe hat: I was lucky enough to get sent a package of Babe swag for national rosé day, which included this ADORABLE hat with their rosé logo. It also says "BABE" in navy embroidery on the side, which I love. I've been wearing it on all my dirty-hair days! (image via)
  4. Dolce&Gabbana Sun Pour Homme: I LOVE smelling new perfumes, and new cologne is up there too! D&G comes out with a limited edition summer version of their classic Light Blue perfume and cologne each summer, and I really love this year's "Sun" version. The women's fragrance is too warm for me, but the men's version is SO good, I love it on Kenny.
  5. e.l.f. gloss: This was such a great drugstore find! While I don't find plumping glosses to actually physically plump lips, I love them for their staying power and cooling/tingling sensation. It's rare to find a good plumping gloss at the drugstore, and I think this one is my favorite yet. I got the shade "champagne glam" because, I mean, champagne glam.
  6. Neon sweatshirt: I mentioned this piece in my summer clothing haul and I've been loving it! The color is surprisingly flattering, and it's a fun piece for summer. It's not your average sweatshirt material, it's more lightweight and not fuzzy on the inside, so it makes it perfect for summer. I like wearing it with white bottoms like the model is.
  7. L'Oréal water mousse tanner: If you read my review of this self-tanner earlier in the month, then you know it became a fast favorite! You can't beat the price for the quality, I'm over expensive self-tanners now.
  8. Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne: This is such a fun and fresh scent for summertime. I usually don't assign a season to perfumes, but this one is definitely a lighter, warm-weather scent. The notes are cassis, acacia honey, and peach, and I'm surprised how much I like the "fruity" nature of it, the peach definitely shines through without making you smell like a smoothie shop.
  9. Pre-pressed tofu: If you've ever cooked with tofu, then you know how tedious the process of pressing the moisture out before being able to use it can be. I cook with a lot of tofu, so being able to skip the pressing process is super convenient. I find that this pre-pressed kind is a much better texture than I can get with jankily pressing my own tofu between two plates with cans of tomato sauce on top.
  10. Exhibit A: I admit, I just watched this series yesterday, but it was SO interesting! It's a four-episode docuseries on different types of forensic techniques that are used to analyze evidence and solve crimes, and looks at four cases where individuals have been convicted, seemingly wrongly, based on these techniques.

Did you do anything good this weekend? On Saturday, we were going to help my brother move into his new house, but encountered some unwelcome visitors that had moved in between him and the last tenant (roaches... DON'T WORRY it's handled!) and then Kenny and I spent the rest of the day in Charlottesville running around, going to TJ's, and getting dinner at our favorite spot. Yesterday, I did some much needed clothing organization, and worked on a fun DIY project that I'll be doing a post on soon!

I hope you have a great Monday!

xoxx, Laura 

No comments