Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Favorites

Public access for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale opens on Friday, and that's when I'll be shopping! Of course since people will have been shopping early access for over a week by the time the sale opens to the public, things are already selling out. However, things do come back into stock as returns process, and Nordstrom sometimes does restocks while the sale is still on. Last year I stalked a couple of items and was able to get everything eventually. (Stay tuned for Friday's post, because I've been collecting links to dupes of popular sold-out pieces that I'm going to share.)

Today I'm sharing all of my favorites from the sale! I tried to be as selective as possible to only include things I really love and see myself wearing for more than a season (read: no crazy trendy pieces that you only post one photo wearing and then you're done with them). I hope you enjoy!


Split neck henley: Thermal, waffle-knit tops have been all the rage the past couple of fall/winter seasons, and I just love them as a casual lounge top. This exact shirt was one of the fastest sellers in the sale last year, so I'm glad they brought it back!


Ribbed tee: This is a great staple layer, I love the ribbing as a new twist on a basic long-sleeve tee.


Satin button up: I think pajama-style tops are SO chic, no matter how much my parents make fun of me for wearing them. This one would be great in any season with the gorgeous cream shade and tortoiseshell buttons.


Cowl neck sweater: I love the cuffs on this sweater, and I saw Caitlin Covington style it off-the-shoulder too in her try-on post, which is so cute! I love a good versatile piece, and you can't go wrong with a slightly oversized solid-colored sweater.


Deep hem sweater: The fiber quality of this sweater isn't the finest, but it's a good price point on sale and I love the cut. The deep hems are a nice details, it looks longer in the back, and I think it'd be cute to cuff the sleeves.


Wrap sweater: While oversized, chunky sweaters are all the rage, I think there is still a place in every woman's closet for a good more slim-fitting sweater that's suitable for tucking into skirts and pants. The wrap detail is gorgeous, and I've seen people saying that its structurally sound, aka no danger of a wardrobe malfunction if you know what I mean.


V-neck sweater: I love the slight balloon sleeve of this sweater, and let's face it, it's simply another solid choice for a basic sweater. Comes in blush pink, too!


Funnel neck sweater: This is SUCH a gorgeous classic style, the black shade is currently sold-out but I plan on grabbing it if it comes back.


Turtleneck tunic sweater: If you saw my post from Monday, you know how much I love this sweater. It's certainly still a splurge even on sale, but I think it's such a great sweater that can be styled pretty much any way your little cozy heart desires.


Cape: I love wearing capes in fall, I've had a few of them that I've worn over the past three or four years and I always get excited when I see them come back into style each year. The buffalo check, fringe, and colorway of this one are giving me major pumpkin patch vibes!


Plaid blazer: How sick is this blazer? I love the shades for fall, and it would look amazing over an all-black outfit with gold jewelry.


Black moto jacket: I have a gorgeous taupe faux leather moto jacket that I've loved for years now, so now I really want to add a black one to my collection. I love the belt on this one!


Paperbag pants: I'm a serious fan of paperbag pants, they're a great workwear piece for the modern gal. I love this rust shade for fall, I think these would look amazing with an ivory blouse like on the model, or a black top.

Faux leather leggings: EVERYONE (everyone) talks about how much they love these leggings. I've held off on getting a pair for the past couple of years because I didn't think they'd be something I'd wear THAT often with my job and style, but I think this will be the year that I finally splurge on them. Even with the sale price ($65) I still consider them a splurge for a pair of leggings. All the positive reviews are swaying me!


Suede boots: These boots may be my most-wanted sale item. I LOVE them! I've had the same pair of Sam Edelman riding boots (these!) since 2011 and they've held up SO nicely (I've had them cleaned and resoled a few times over the years). I want to add a pair of heeled tall boots to my collection, and I think these may be the ones.


Leopard booties: I cannot believe that these are still fully stocked as I'm writing this! Everything leopard in the sale this year has been a hot, and while I'm not fully sold on the leopard trend for my own personal style, I LOVE a leopard print shoe to add interest to an otherwise neutral outfit. Not all leopard prints are created equal, and I love this one. The calf hair is lovely, and I always appreciate a tall-but-not-too-tall block heel.
Block heel pumps: I eyed these in the sale last year but they sold out, so I'm hoping to get my hands on a pair this year. The block heel is great for comfort, and I also love the look. Pointed toe heels are my favorite, I think they're so sexy and elongate your legs.

Tortoiseshell hoop earrings: My love for resin earrings is no secret, and I just adore these! The colorway is so fun but still neutral, they're a good size, and I love the width too.

Lip duo: This is totally bougie and unnecessary... but look at the little heart and lips in the middle of the lipsticks!!!! I had a sample of these one time and they smell so juicy and amazing, and the reviews are great. Plus, the YSL packaging is so heavy it just makes you feel rich.


Alterna set: I recommend this shampoo and conditioner every time I see it on sale, you can get an even better deal on them when they come in a set. It's quite expensive at retail price, so I only ever buy it when it goes on sale.

WHEW that's a lot of stuff when I see it all at once! I certainly won't be getting everything, but if I could, these would be the things I would choose. Are you going to be shopping public access, or are you one of the lucky cardholder that already shopped? Let me know what you have your eye on, or what you grabbed!

xoxx, Laura

No comments