Trend Spotlight: Toile Print

Toile print: the classiest way to look like wallpaper. Some may call it old-fashioned, but I think it's a classic print that suits wallpaper AND clothing. Luckily, there's about a million different ways to wear it, from casual and trendy to classic and modest. Here are some of my favorites that I've seen recently!



  1. GMG dress: If there's one brand that knows toile, it's the Gal Meets Glam Collection by Julia Engel. They have many gorgeous toile print pieces each season, and their clothing is high-quality and timeless. Toile is typically seen in either blue and white or red and white, but this dress in red and pink is a gorgeous take on a classic. (I also featured it in a pink and red trend spotlight here!)
  2. Shorts: The "sail away" print by Show me your Mumu is a beautiful toile print that they use for a bunch of different pieces, including swimwear and dresses.
  3. Bodysuit: On the model, this looks like a swimsuit, but it's actually a gorgeous bodysuit. I think it'd look great with white bottoms or jeans and a white linen button-up on top, tied at the waist.
  4. Headband: For the days that your all-white outfit needs a little something, this headband would be perfect. Headbands are all the rage this season so you could wear it as part of the trend, but I think the print makes it a classic.
  5. Tie-front tank: This tank is so gorgeous for summer, and I think it'd be beautiful with white pants for the office. The tie-front detail is hot right now, so I think this piece is a fun way to mix a trend with a classic.
  6. Pajamas: Nothing makes you feel like you're waking up in a cute B&B in Charleston like a pair of toile PJ's, am I right?
  7. Bandana scarf: I love a bandana scarf to add a pop of interest to an outfit. You can wear them tied around your neck, in your hair, or on the handle of a bag, which is my personal favorite way to wear it.
  8. GMG jumpsuit The Gal Meets Glam Collection does it again! I think this jumpsuit is such a fun way to wear the toile print, and I love the red and white.
  9. Tote bag: H&M is another brand with a ton of beautiful toile pieces, at a more affordable price point than GMG. You have to do a little digging for them, you can't just throw "toile" into the search bar, but if you filter through by item type, you'll find a lot of great options.
  10. Pleated midi dress: Saved the best for last! I LOVE this dress, everything about it is just darling. The cut, the soft blue, the pleating, the hem. So great for summertime!
I hope you had a great weekend! I'm sad to be back at work after a great long weekend, but I'm feeling refreshed.

xoxx, Laura





No comments