Happy Hour: Easiest Cocktail Ever

Happy almost Fourth of July! If you're anything like me, you love whipping up a fun, summer cocktail for hot-weather get-togethers, but you don't wanna spend all your time inside prepping when the party is out by the grill, pool, or lakeside.

Enter, the "pop-tail," the easiest, most fun summer cocktail ever, perfect for your Independence Day cookouts, beach parties, pregames, and everything in between. I don't know who invented this, but they are a genius and worthy of all the praise. I had one in at a bar in Charlotte (trip recap here!) with a homemade popsicle and it was one of the best, most refreshing cocktails ever.


The recipe is simple: Your favorite kind of popsicle dunked into a glass of sparkling wine of your choice. Ina Garten voice: "How easy is that?"

I prefer to use the Outshine Fruit Bars (I used pineapple in the photos) because they're made with real fruit rather than just sugar water, and I just prefer the taste. For the wine, I typically use a dry prosecco, but rosé would also be really good (BABE rosé, obvi).

The popsicles are great because 1) they keep your wine cold outside on a hot day, and 2) as the popsicle melts into the wine, it creates a mimosa-type drink. Yum! 


Sip and enjoy! I like to use large red wine glasses for these to accommodate for the extra volume of the popsicle, but you could also use a short drinking glass. Or heck, even a solo cup, I ain't judging. 


On another note: meet my two oldest friends, Madeline and Nancy Carrie! We have lived in the same neighborhood together for our whole lives, we went to school together from kindergarten through high school graduation, and we still love spending time at each other's childhood homes together. They are the salt of the earth and the best friends a person could ask for. They are selfless, kind, gorgeous, and true to themselves, and I would do anything for them!


Enjoy your Forth of July holiday, cheers!!

xoxx, Laura

No comments