Summer Clothing Haul

Happy HOLIDAY Monday! I hope that wherever you are, you're off of work or school today and living your memorial day weekend dream. I definitely have some cocktails planned, and I baked this gorgeous cake on Friday with some fresh local strawberries which we've been enjoying all weekend.

Today I thought I'd share some pieces I've picked up for summer over the last month or so and yeah... it's kind of excessive. I can talk myself into so many things CLEARLY, BUT it's all affordable, I promise. I love reading haul posts and watching haul videos on YouTube, so hopefully you do too! They read to me almost as capsule wardrobes sometimes, which is weirdly satisfying to me.

ANYWHO, let's talk about what's made its way into my closet recently:

  1. Henley Sweater: I saw this on Sarah Linder and knew I had to have it! It's SO soft in person, I love the split neckline and cinched sleeves. It's slightly cropped, so personally I'd only wear it with high-waisted pants or skirts.
  2. Stripe Button Up: I'd been eyeing this shirt at J. Crew forever, and then found it on sale for $10 in-store. It's so classic and looks great tucked into a jean or white denim skirt.
  3. Midi Wrap Dress: I ordered this for wedding festivities and I think it's so pretty! I might even wear it to our rehearsal dinner.
  4. Gingham Dress: I saw this on Mckenna Bleu and fell in love! It's so girly and classic. I bought and XS along with my regular S because the reviews said that it ran large, but there was barely a difference between the two sizes so I stuck with my regular size S.
  5. White Jean Skirt: Old Navy does the BEST denim skirts in my opinion. I picked this one up for summer and I've been loving wearing it!
  6. Rattan Earrings: These are super cute but HUGE in person. I was going to exchange them for a smaller pair but they weren't eligible for returns, so I'm makin' em work. 
  7. Heeled Sandals: These were a repurchase of are my favorite version of this style of sandal EVER. They're the perfect height to be insanely comfortable, I can walk in them all day with no issues. They're a great deal, especially with how often you can catch them on sale. I've tried other (more expensive) brands that just don't compare. Highly recommend these. 
  8. Limone Tee: If it has a lemon on it, I have to buy it. This shirt is super soft and comfy, and runs really oversized. I got an XS and it's still plenty roomy. It's described as "distressed" which essentially just consists of a few little holes along the neckline, nothing to hobo-looking. 
  9. Le Specs Liar Liar: These sunglasses have become a fast favorite. They're a gorgeous classic shape, and I love the tortoiseshell. The only complaint I have about them is that the nose pads are closer together than other acrylic sunglasses I have so they can become uncomfortable on your nose if you have them on for a long time, but other than that they're amazing. 
  10. Amazon Dress
  11. Freshly Squeezed Top: I was dying for this shirt all last summer, and finally got it! I actually took my seamstress skills to it to remove the ties on the sleeves because as cute as they look on the photos, they're super floppy and heavy in real life. Luckily they were sewn right into the seam of the sleeves, so I could just seam-rip them off and sew the seam all the way back up. VoilĆ !
  12. Wifey Tee: This one just got me and I HAD to have it! I had mine made on a white tee, and had the shop owner customize it to say "wifey" instead of "bride" just because I thought I'd be more likely to wear it after all the wedding festivities are over. I love the little heart on the "i!"
  13. Espadrille Wedges: I got these to see if they'd be a good dupe for the famous CastaƱer Carina wedges, and boy are they! Post coming soon. 
  14. Neon Sweatshirt: I DID IT, I fell victim to the neon trend. I LOVE the color of this sweatshirt, like a pale green-yellow. It definitely isn't sweatshirt material, closer to a tee shirt material, but that makes it better for summertime anyway. 
 Enjoy your day off, and I'll see you back here on Wednesday!

xoxx, Laura

No comments