Business Fierce

Happy Friday from ~the past!~ I'm pre-writing this post before the 4th of July so that I can keep off of my computer during the long weekend. I hope that you had a great 4th!

Today I'm sharing a look that I like to call "business fierce." It's like business casual, but FIERCE. 🐯 Would you wear this outfit to work? I've worn all of these pieces to work before, but never all together. Now that I look at these photos, I realize that I probably shouldn't be wearing the leather skirt to the office... I'll retire it to weekend-wear only. 😜

Blazer | Cami | Skirt | Sandals | Necklace | LV Speedy B 30
I bought the snake necklace on a whim to wear to Taylor Swift's Reputation Tour last summer. I thought it'd be a funny touch to dress like a fangirl without looking like a TOTAL fangirl. I thought it'd be a fun touch to add to the outfit to add a little interest to the all-black.

The trick to rocking all-black, or really any monochromatic look, is to mix textures. I have the semi-shiny texture of the skirt, the soft matte of the blazer, and the lace detail on the cami. Even the suede on the sandals adds to the texture-mixing.

While we're talking about the sandals, let me reiterate from previous posts that they are some of the BEST shoes that I own. They're affordable, attractive, and super comfortable. The heel is just the right height and width that they give you a good lift without putting all your weight on the balls of your feet and making them unbearable to walk in for very long.


Behold: my attempt at looking bossy 😂 I can't do the serious face, y'all; either you're born with it or you aren't. LKBakes was not.


I love this ivy-covered building in downtown Richmond for taking photos in front of, but the people who live there gave me some pretty weird looks. I can't blame them...


I hope you have a gorgeous summer weekend! Kenny is on his way to Boston today with some friends for a concert, so it's just me, myself, and I this weekend... which means NO Stranger Things season 3! I have to wait until Kenny gets back to watch, rather than immediately binging the entire thing like we did last season, ha! Maybe I'll settle in with some poptails instead while I wait for Kenny to get home...

xoxx, Laura

No comments