Wedding Wednesday: Our Chef's Menu and Cake Tasting

Happy wedding Wednesday! It's been a while since my last wedding Wednesday post, and I have a lot of wedding content to cover! Last week, Kenny and I had our chef's menu and cake tasting to help us choose the dinner menu for our reception, so I wanted to cover that fun experience.

One of the most important (if not THE most important) wedding details to me is having great food that everyone enjoys and remembers. I feel like a lot of the parts of a wedding are forgettable to most guests, but one of the things that most people remember is the food. And let's face it, we've all had lackluster wedding food. I figure that this is the biggest party you'll ever throw for all your family and loved ones, so you need to feed them well! The food at our wedding is going to be the most expensive thing by far, so I have high expectations.

Our tasting was nothing short of exceptional, the food was UNREAL and the staff was so accommodating and helpful. They explained every detail and ingredient of each dish, I wish I could remember each one!



We started with their new signature salad, which was a red pear carpaccio with spinach, white cheddar, candied pecans, freshly cracked pepper, and a sherry maple vinaigrette.


Next, Kenny and I got the mushroom risotto which came with arugula lightly dressed with truffle oil, and shaved parmesan on top. Y'all, it was UNREAL! I could've not tasted another thing all night long and still would've been satisfied. Hands down the most amazing risotto I've ever had, and maybe the best mushroom dish I've ever had too. This is definitely one of the options we will be serving.


We brought my parents along with us to help us pick out our meat options since Kenny and I are both vegetarian. Their first entree selection were the scallops and pork belly with an apple slaw. They really liked this elegant take on a surf and turf.


Next they brought out duck with mushroom risotto and sauteed asparagus with a demi glace. This was my parents' favorite option, so we'll be serving this as well!


The last option they served was the lamb with ratatouille and an herb pesto. I tried the pesto and the ratatouille and they were both fresh and phenomenal (no surprise there)!


Last but BEST was the cake tasting, the part that I was most excited for! We got traditional vanilla cake, almond cake, and lemon pound cake. On the side, they served us raspberry buttercream, strawberry buttercream, and lemon curd on the side. I went in expecting to like the lemon cake the most (lemon pound cake is my favorite food EVER) and it was hands down my favorite! Kenny's and my favorite combination was the lemon cake with the strawberry buttercream, so we're probably going to have lemon cake with strawberry buttercream filling, and then traditional buttercream on the outside.

There was a bunch of cake and fillings left over, so they packaged them up for us and Kenny and I enjoyed them the next night too. Swoon!

Fun fact - the pastry chef is younger than Kenny and I, but he has already had SO much experience training under extremely talented chefs, including working at a three Michelin star restaurant! 

We didn't get to taste all of the options for the menu (we would've run out of room!) but we have a few more entree and appetizer options to choose from, as well as some hors d'oeuvre options for cocktail hour. Everything we had was exceptional, we can't go wrong with any choice.

We had SUCH a good time at our tasting, I'm sad it's over because Kenny and I have both really been looking forward to it! We'll probably go back for more mushroom risotto before the wedding... it was THAT good, I don't think we can wait til October to have it again! I'm so excited for our guests to have all the food, I know they're going to love it.

P.S. During our whole tasting over the course of two hours, I didn't manage to remember to get a photo of Kenny and I like I wanted to! So here's one of my favorites from our engagement sesh. I love that guy!!


xoxx, Laura

No comments