Leather & Denim

"Leather and jeans, we're rock glamorous..." Who remembers that line from Paparazzi by Lady Gaga?? That's the song that was going through my head as I was uploading these photos, ha. I was a HARDCORE Gaga fan back in the day. I still am, actually, I just haven't kept up too closely with her last couple of albums. Her in A Star is Born though?! SWOON. And NOTHING beats her role in AHS: Hotel in my opinion. I didn't like that season when it first came out, but now it's one of my favorites!

Jacket | Cami | Skirt | Heels | LV Speedy Bandouliere 30

Okay - that turned into a Lady Gaga appreciation post real quick. Not that she doesn't deserve the hype, but there's probably designated Little Monster blogs you could be reading if that's what you want, haha. OKAY one last Lady Gaga tidbit: when I first started dating Kenny, he had a Lady Gaga poster from her 2010 Monster Ball tour hanging in his dorm room. I knew I liked that guy...


ANYWHO, how was your weekend? I'm coming at you on a Tuesday this week because I was out of town yesterday, read on for more on that!

On Thursday, Kenny and I had a menu and cake tasting at our reception venue on Thursday evening, which was SO exciting, stay tuned for a post about that on Wednesday! And if you're coming to my wedding, then get excited for some PHENOMENAL food!


Friday was pretty relaxed, and then Saturday we took a day-trip to Richmond.Virginia had a major heat wave this weekend, it was over 100 degrees in Richmond on Saturday! This would definitely NOT have been an appropriate outfit that day, however I did take these photos on our last trip to Richmond!

We ran around and did some shopping, I was able to shop the NSale in-store and find a few things that were sold out online, which felt like a score. We got our usual Cheesecake Factory for dinner, and sat next to a perfectly drunk couple who were quite talkative, ha. 


On Sunday, Kenny and I headed up to Shenandoah County to a cabin that his mom rented. This week is the anniversary of his dad passing away, so his family always gets together for a little trip to celebrate his life. We stayed at Papa Bear's River Cabin and it was super cute. Sunday we just hung around, and Monday we went to Lake Arrowhead for some time on the water. I left yesterday evening because I had to get back to work, but they stayed another night.

I hope you're having a great week so far! I've got a busy one after being out of town yesterday and preparing to head to Palm Beach for my bachelorette party with my best friends on Friday! 🎉 In contrast to the heat wave this past weekend, we only have a high of 72 degrees today, which feels freezing! Can't wait for more of that summer heat in Florida!

xoxx, Laura

No comments