Summer Staple: Woven Handbags

Bag | Hat | Shoes

If you've followed Shenandoah Sugar for any length of time, then you know that I love a good basket bag in the summertime! I have a few different ones, and they're all easy to style with all of my summer outfits. The first one I purchased was this one (pictured above). I got it as a fun piece to bring on a cruise and didn't expect to get much wear out of it, but I've had it for four years now and I still love it! It's fun to style with a satin scarf, like I did in the photo above.

My other most-worn basket bag is from Reformation from a few years ago, but whenever I wear it in photos I link this one as a similar option. I absolutely love the similar one and I'd buy it in a heartbeat if mine wore out! It looks small but it fits all of the essentials, and I appreciate that it has a drawstring inside that you can use to secure your items.


There are so many beautiful woven bags out this season, so I thought I'd share more of my favorites!


Mini basket bags are too cute, and fit more than you'd think they would! I love this one with the black handles - I think wearing black in the summer is so chic. I also love this affordable Amazon find - it reminds me a bit of the Saint Laurent Cassandra bag. These personalized ones are super affordable and would make such a great bachelorette party gift!

For more of a statement bag, I love this one that has almost a citrus detail - so fun for a beach vacation! This one is a splurge, but would also be great for the beach because it's larger and features a PVC overlay to protect the rattan.

I hope you all had a great weekend! Kenny and I stayed pretty busy, so I'm looking forward to having a relaxing week. Have you started any good shows lately? Kenny and I just wrapped up a couple that we'd been watching, so we need something new. We watched the first episode of The Rehearsal on HBO Max last night (if you watched Nathan For You you'll love it), but that comes out weekly so we can't watch it again til Thursday. I wanna start the new Love Island UK season, but Kenny's not quite ready because we just finished the most recent Australia season. 😂

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments