Classic Prep


Happy Friday, friends! Aren't you glad we made it?! The week after a long holiday weekend is always easier, but my favorite coworker has been on vacation this week, so that has made it feel longer! I'm selfishly glad to have her back next week. 😄


Today I'm sharing this casual, preppy outfit that I wore at the beach, and again last weekend on a pizza date with Kenny! I am very surprised that this shirt dress is still in stock - I got it last year and they brought it back this year and, it's a really nice cotton piece! It also comes in black, tan, and a couple different plaid colorways. It has an oversized fit so I sized down to an XS. It's cut very wide, but has a matching tie belt to cinch the waist, which I replaced with this striped tee shirt for this look. The dress is a good length, but gets pretty short once you get the belt tied - I'm 5'6" and it's just on the verge of being too short, so keep that in mind if you're taller.


I always feel a little out of my element in red lipstick, but I like breaking it out on the Fourth of July and around the holidays! This one is "Russian Red" by MAC, a universally flattering red with blue undertones (especially great for cool-toned complexions like mine!) I like the formula of this lipstick for a bold color because it's on the drier side so it's easier to apply more precisely and doesn't smudge as easily. I'm bad for getting red lipstick on my teeth, so this one helps me prevent that. 😂


These sneakers
are some of my favorites - they're easy to style and super comfortable, almost like a sock. They're currently included in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, but they're also on sale on Amazon for a little cheaper! 


I'm pretty much always wearing this bag, I cannot recommend it enough! I have it in tan, black, and maroon, and they're all so versatile. I've been wearing mine handheld lately, but they also have a crossbody strap.


I hope you have a fabulous weekend! My mom and I have plans to go pick up some flowers (she has a monthly bouquet subscription from a local flower farm!), check out our favorite estate jewelry store, and have some wine and cheese on her back deck - my perfect Friday! Kenny is going to visit some friends on Saturday, so I'm not sure what I'll do! I have some random errands to run so I'll probably take care of those and finish The Summer I Turned Pretty on Amazon Prime, which I've been loving!

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:


This post contains commissionable links.

No comments