Weekend Recap

Happy Monday! I'm back today with a good, old fashioned weekend update. There hasn't been much to talk about lately as far as going out and doing things (for obvious reasons), but I did have a *relatively* eventful weekend in quarantine terms.

Outfit details linked here
My work is operating on our summer schedule, so I get off at noon on Fridays. I randomly blew THREE different light bulbs last week, so I needed to get some more. I was also on the hunt for the new tiramisu Oreos, so I headed to Target to hunt them down, along with a few other ACTUAL essentials I needed. It's crazy how weird a simple trip to Target feels now! I used to go to Target legitimately up to seven days a week sometimes, the employees probably wondered what the HECK I needed to come to Target so much for. And the truth is, I just liked walking around there and browsing. I'm sure you know what I mean! The point is, I miss Target, and I can't wait til I can aimlessly roam the aisles there with no real purpose again.

I got my light bulbs, and found the tiramisu Oreos! Every time Oreo releases a new flavor, I have to try it. Even though I'm almost always disappointed and prefer the originals, ha! I got two packs of the tiramisu Oreos because my friends and I had been talking about them, and I thought it would be fund to package some up and drop some off for them on their porches.

So I did just that! I brought Kenny and Roxy along with me, and went to my four BFF's houses to bring them a surprise Oreo delivery. I texted everyone after I had dropped them off and they were PUMPED, ha! The verdict on the tiramisu flavors is that it's really good, although I personally didn't think they tasted much like actual tiramisu. As usual, I would've just stuck with the original, ha.

We got back home around 8:30, so I threw together some pepper nachos for a quick dinner. I used frozen meatless crumbles to make them vegetarian and they were so good! We looked on Netflix for a movie to watch for a while before deciding on Love Wedding Repeat, which was good but not great. I slept through the end, not because it was bad, but because I was so dang tired at that point.


Saturday morning I almost forgot, but I had a croissant delivery from Reunion Bakery coming! They're based out of downtown Staunton, and have been delivering pastries, quiches, and bread orders every Saturday while their cafe has been closed down. Every Tuesday at noon, they open their site up for orders. They sell out of everything SO fast! Like, within five minutes fast. So last Tuesday when they opened for orders, I got on there right at noon! I checked out at like 12:02 and half of my order was already sold out, so I panic-added a bunch of other random stuff to my cart to reach the delivery threshold and checked out as fast as I could. I ended up with an almond croissant, chocolate croissant, chocolate almond croissant, a danish with chocolate pastry cream, pinot poached pear, and pistachio and strawberry crumb (pictured above), and raspberry almond bostock (which was my favorite!)


After the croissant delivery came, I finished getting ready and met up with my mom to go to some farmers markets and plant nurseries out in the county. The weather was gorgeous for the first time in a while, and we wanted to take advantage of it. It was such a fun way to get out without having to encounter many people! Of course we kept our distance and wore our masks, but it was still so nice to get out.

After riding around the county for a while with my dad, I rode out with my dad and brother to both of my grandmas' houses to drop some things off to each of them. We said hi from a distance, and it was so good to see them! I hadn't seen either of them in several weeks, and I know they were disappointed that we didn't get to celebrate Easter as a family.


Saturday evening, my parents grilled out for dinner. I made this asparagus tart that I'd been wanting to try as an appetizer and it was SO good! It would be perfect to serve for a brunch. I also made one of my favorite cocktails (that's my own personal recipe!) the Pink 75. Also a very brunchy recipe, ha. After dinner, we played apples to apples, which was hilarious as usual.

On Sunday, Kenny and I had a slow morning, and then I drug him out to get some fresh air (aka take some blog photos for me). We drove to Staunton just to get out of town a little, and ended up running into one of my high school friends who's living there while walking around downtown. We stood half a block away from each other for a quick catch-up, which was nice! After that, Kenny and I finished up our photoshoot and headed back home. Not before ordering Kenny's favorite cheese pizza for pickup, though! He can't go a week without it and I respect that.

When we got home, I started working on laundry and made a Levain Bakery cookie copycat recipe, and while I've never had the real thing, the copycats are dang good. The recipe was only supposed to make eight cookies, but when I divided it up they turned out HUGE, so I ended up making about 20 cookies that were still huge but not ridiculous.

After the cookies were done, Kenny and I wrapped up the weekend with a couple of episodes of Ozark. I haven't seen Ozark before, but Kenny had watched the first two seasons, so we rewatched them so that I'd be up to speed for the new season. It's really good! Definitely something you'll like if you're into Breaking Bad, although not as good in my opinion.

That's it from me today! I hope you had a great weekend, and a great start to your week!

xoxx, Laura

No comments