April Favorites

Happy May! Once we hit May, I really feel like Summer is so close I can taste it. Although, we haven't been having the most summery temperatures around here lately! I'm hoping for temperatures to get into the 70's and 80's soon. To start off the month, I'm rounding up all of my favorites from the month of April. Spoiler alert: I've been home doing nothing a lot, so there's a lot of food on the list this time around. 😂


  1. Crewneck sweatshirt: American Eagle makes great oversized sweatshirts. I have a few of them from over the years, but this has to be my favorite of them all. It's SO so soft, and the prettiest shade of lavender (it also comes in seven other colors). I sized down one size and it's still plenty oversized. 
  2. GT's pineapple kombucha: If you love kombucha, then you have to try this pineapple flavor! It's so good, and perfect for summer.
  3. Crystal Flora candle: I've been burning through all my candles while working from home, so I stocked up on some inexpensive ones. This scent is so good that I went back and got another! It's hard to describe, the notes depict flora, lemon, and bergamot. It's not particularly floral or citrusy, it's mostly just really fresh and airy. Like eating a picnic brunch on a dewy morning in the middle of an orchard! 
  4. Toasted coconut breakfast biscuits: I eat a lot of BelVita breakfast biscuits, but there are some flavors that I personally consider "seasonal." This is a flavor that I only really eat during the summertime because coconut is a summer flavor to me (just go with it). I got a box of these the other week, and I forgot how much I love them! They're SO tasty, I got some more the next time I got groceries. 
  5. RXBAR nut butter variety pack: I've been a fan of RXBAR for years, and I love their nut butter packs. I usually squeeze them on apple slices for breakfast or a snack. I recently ordered a couple of these variety packs because I love being able to have all of the flavors on hand. Chocolate peanut butter and vanilla almond butter are my favorites. 
  6. Wood Sage & Sea Salt perfume: This is a fan favorite Jo Malone fragrance, and I'm finally on the bandwagon! It's fresh but robust, the notes include ambrette seeds, sea salt, and sage. It's a great all-season fragrance that would suit everyone. 
  7. Pineapple accent lamp: Kenny and I don't have any overhead lighting in our bedroom, so we were in desperate need of some additional lamps. I got two of these for our bedside tables and they're SO cute, I love the vintage Palm Beach vibe they have! They're marketed as accent lamps, but they provide plenty of light; the shades are reflective gold on the inside, so it helps disperse the light throughout the room while providing a warm glow. 
  8. Barilla protein pasta: While I love Banza pasta, it doesn't taste the same as regular pasta. This protein pasta is the best of both worlds: it tastes like traditional pasta, but feels a little healthier at 10g protein per serving (but let's be real, who just eats ONE serving of pasta?) It comes in a bunch of different shapes, so there's one for any recipe you might be making. 
  9. Avocado salsa: This dip has been my ADDICTION lately. I brought a jar of it to a Super Bowl get-together but didn't eat much of it, so I grabbed another jar recently and have single-handedly eaten the whole thing within the past couple of weeks. It's SO good! Like a creamy salsa that's a little spicy with tons of flavor.  
  10. Outer Banks: I LOVED THIS SHOW. I rarely truly binge anything, but Kenny and I watched the whole season in a day. I went into it assuming that it'd be kind of corny, but it was so good! I loved all of the actors, the main friend group was so convincing. I wanted to be their friend, too! The only critique I have is that the show doesn't feel like the real Outer Banks, it was shot in South Carolina and it shows. Other than that, I really enjoyed it, and I was excited to learn that season two is *allegedly* in the works. 

I hope you have a great weekend! As usual, I don't have much planned. Hopefully a takeout and movie date with Kenny will be in my future, along with some baking! I'm in the mood to recreate the Levain Bakery chocolate chip cookies, even though I've never had the real deal, ha. They intrigue me and I want to try them at home! I made half a pound cake last weekend that Kenny and I have already eaten through, so we're in need of more baked goods, and I'm more than happy to provide.

xoxx, Laura



No comments