Dogwood District

Happy Wednesday! Lately, I've been referring to Harrisonburg as the dogwood district because all of the dogwood trees have been SO gorgeous lately! Even one in my parents' backyard that rarely blooms to its fullest because of how shady it is there is thriving this season! I love seeing all of the flowering trees throughout spring, they make me so happy when I'm on a walk or driving through town. 

Sweater (similar) | Jeans | Adidas Flashback sneakers (similar) | Headband
Look... It may be spring, bordering on summer at this point, but I stay cold. Lightweight sweaters are still my BFF, especially when it's warm in the sun but chilly when a breeze blows through. A basic white turtleneck is a staple and a classic. I've worn the heck out of this one for the past few years. It comes in and out of stock, but there are plenty of similar ones available. 

Sunglasses | Earrings | Coin necklace (similar) | Initial necklace | Headband

Let's talk accessories! These sunglasses are classics, they always make me feel so retro-glam! You can never go wrong with a pair of cat-eye sunglasses. I've also been obsessed with this headband lately; it makes me feel cute while lounging around the house, and adds a great little pop of color to any outfit. These necklaces are favorite too, I almost always layer them together. The coin one was a special gift from my parents on my "golden" birthday (it's made from a gold coin that was minted the year I was born!), but there are a ton of inexpensive dupes out there. My initial necklace, on the other hand, is entirely available and affordable from Amazon. It's gold plated and although it's not 10/10 quality, it's an awesome piece for the price. 


These jeans have become a fast favorite. They fit perfectly, they're structured but not stiff, and have just the right amount of distressing (your family will make fun of you, but you won't be able to pass for an actual hobo wearing them). They're true to size and great quality, especially for the price. 



I hope you're having a great week! Mine's been kind of dragging, the weather the past couple of days has been gross, but it's still a good week and I'm looking forward to some better, warmer weather soon. Fingers crossed!

xoxx, Laura

No comments