Trend Spotlight: Raffia Sandals

Okay, so we all know that the Hermès-dupe "H" sandals were ALL THE RAGE last spring and summer and continue to be just as popular this season (even Target has a version this year). I truly never got the hype! Sure, they're a great staple, but I didn't find them any better than any other basic neutral sandal. Personally, I prefer my Jack Rogers Lauren sandals. HOWEVER, when I saw that they came in a raffia style this year, I fell in love! Not necessarily with the style of the sandal, but with the raffia style. I find the vibe to be similar to the espadrille trend, keeping it casual and very vacation-ready. I decided to do some shopping for some other raffia sandals, and I can't pick a favorite!
  1. Charles David Tifa: I love a good wedge, they're comfier than your typical heeled shoe, and I like that this pair is slip-on so you don't have to deal with teeny buckles.
  2. Pour La Victoire Layne: These are just too cute, I love the bow details!
  3. Jeffrey Campbell Dane: THIS is the pair that I'll probably end up going for! I love the shape of the strap and how they're woven around the footbed. And the price is right (ahem, I'm looking at you, #4...).
  4. Carrie Forbes Namia: Okay yes, these are a splurge that I would never make. But you can't deny how perfect they are!
  5. Kaanas Mallorca: This is a new-to-me brand, and they have a lot of great rafia sandals this year; these are a solid basic and I like the weave pattern.
  6. Kaanas Aracaju: I love three-strap slides, and the gold chevron detail takes these up a notch.
  7. Steven Greece: These are the first pair of raffia sandals that I saw this season, and the pair that sparked my obsession! While they're not my favorite style, they're super cute and one of the more affordable options I've seen.
  8. Zimmermann Orchid: Now THESE are just divine. Zimmermann always knows what they're doing, especially with ethereal feminine details.
  9. Steve Madden Bev: Was there ever a trend that Steve Madden didn't do well? These sandals are just another example on the endless list of wins.
  10. Kaanas Glasgow: This is my favorite dressy style of sandal, I believe they're a wardrobe staple, and I love that you can find a pair in any color, print, and material you could want.
Have a great Wednesday!
xoxx, Laura

No comments