A Dress Made For Twirlin'

HAPPY THURSDAY! We're so close to the weekend I can taste it, and this weekend is SPECIAL because it marks the very beginning of things reopening here in Virginia. Certain restaurants are accepting guests on their patios and rooftops, local retail stores are reopening, and it's starting to feel like things might actually get back to normal one day.

One of the weirdest parts of being on lockdown has been that my four very best friends from high school are all home for the first time in a long time, and none of us can see each other. The weather tomorrow is supposed to be divine, so we all made a plan to have a socially distanced picnic together for dinner and finally get to catch up. We've all been cooped up at home (like everyone else has) and finally feel safe getting together, even though it will be a conditional gathering. We can't wait to see each other in real life! FaceTime can only do so much.

Let's talk about this dress - I do most of my shopping online these days, but a couple months ago, Kenny and I were out shopping and it caught my eye and I just HAD to have it! It has so many beautiful details, it's even prettier in person. I love the ivory, rust, and sage green paisley pattern; it definitely has 70's vibes but toned down for the 21st century. You can't tell from the photos, but the sleeves are cinched at the wrist with a little ruffle, and it has a tie at the neckline (I left it untied). It's currently on sale for 57% off!

If you love the pattern and style of the dress but would prefer it as a shirt, then you're in luck! It comes in a blouse version, currently on sale for $32.


A summer wardrobe staple for the past few years for me has been these wedges. They're on sale right now for $45 and so good! They're easy to walk in, and great neutral shoes to have in your closet.


One of the good things about everything being closed is that it's much easier to get photos in public without being judged. 😂


I won't put you through my spiel on how obsessed I am with knotted headbands again (this one comes in a pack of nine colors for only $14!), but I WILL point out how great wearing a headband is for showing off your earrings. I'm wearing these little pearl hoops, that are so sweet and feminine. Currently only $7!


I hope you have a wonderful end to your week, and that you're having good weather wherever you live! It's definitely been a chilly spring a lot of places (snow in the northeast this past week??) but it's looking like SUMMERTIME is finally on its way! Summer is my favorite season and I just can't wait for it. 

xoxx, Laura 

SHOP THE POST:


1 comment

  1. That dress and your long hair must both look very pretty as you twirl while dancing!

    ReplyDelete