Wedding Wednesday: Little White Dresses

LITTLE WHITE DRESSES, let's talk about 'em! Even if you're not a bride, can you ever have enough white dresses in your collection? My (the right) answer: no! They're a warm-weather staple, and in these ~new and progressive times~ you can even wear them after Labor Day. I'm not the kind of bride that's gonna look at someone sideways if they wear white to my bachelorette party, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, etc. Wear what you want, in my opinion! The only event that I don't want any other white at is my actual wedding, but that's just tradition!

In anticipation for my bridal shower that my maid of honor and bridesmaids are hosting this weekend, I wanted to share my top ten favorite white dresses out right now for all of your wedding event needs. Several of these dresses I already own and love, and all the rest are on my wishlist!


  1. Sheath dress: This is THE best simple white dress in my opinion. I searched high and low for the perfect versatile LWD last summer, and I'm so glad I found this one! French Connection does the best staple mini dresses; they bring this one back every year and it always comes in a bunch of colors. It does run small, I typically wear a 0-2, and took a four in this style. I wear it all the time, most recently on my bachelorette weekend!
  2. Tiered midi: I coveted this dress when I first saw it on the Lulu's site, but at $82 I held off on getting it since it's not necessarily the most versatile since I can't wear it to work. Luckily, Amazon came through as it always does with a dupe version at a better price tag.
  3. Lace midi: THE wedding guest dress of the past two years. You've seen it, you love it, and you probably already own it in at least one color.
  4. Lace flounce hem: Karl Lagerfeld's clothing line is slept on in my opinion, he has so many great classic pieces at a mid-range price point. This dress is currently on sale for 40% off, and also comes in a gorgeous fire orange (or "flame scarlet" as the website describes it - why didn't I think of that?) 
  5. Sweetheart dress: This one is simple yet so stunning. It almost gives off the slip dress vibes that are so popular right now without being scandalous. I'd definitely wear this one to work with a tweed jacket over top.
  6. Piqué sheath dress: This is a MAJOR wishlist item for me! The little puff sleeves?? I die. I never buy Lilly full-price, so I'm hoping it pops up in the sale in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed!
  7. Chiffon ruffle hem: This one is just plain fun! How sweet is that chiffon hem?? I was THIS close to ordering this to wear to my bridal shower, but ended up opting for #10.
  8. Ruffle mini: Another great French Connection piece, the ruffle is super cute for an elevated take on a plain white shift. You can also wear the straps off-the-shoulder.
  9. Ruffle shoulder: This one brings the drama, and I love that. You've probably realized by now that I LOVE a good ruffle, the bigger the better. The sleek cut of the body of the dress paired with
  10. Ruffle v-neck: I've been eyeing this dress, and ended up getting it to wear to my bridal shower this weekend. I love that it's fun enough dress up for a party, but still appropriate for work or more "modest" occasions. Like with the other French Connection dress, this one runs small. I ordered a 4 and a 6 and ended up keeping the 6 because the chest and length were okay on the 4, but the waist is too form-fitting for my liking.

I hope you're having a great week so far! The past few days have been cooler (chilly, in my opinion!) and it's feeling like fall is on its way. The transitional period is always a bittersweet time for me since summer is my favorite season, but the silver lining for me is being able to break out my favorite cozy sweaters. People always joke about the finicky nature of Virginia's seasons, and I laugh at this meme every time we're in a transitional period. If you're from VA, I know you can relate!

xoxx, Laura

No comments