Trend Spotlight: Fire Orange

Living coral may be the color of the year, but for me, it's all about fire orange this summer. Is it neon? Is it red? If you're not sure, then you're looking at the right color. I've heard it referred to as tamarind, persimmon, neon coral, pimento... scarlet fever? Whatever you call it, this color is hot, so you might want to get a drink.

I typically use bright shades like this as a pop of color in a lipstick or a pair of earrings, but sometimes you have to go all-in with an attention-grabbing jumpsuit. Whatever your preference, there's a fire orange piece out there for you. I've picked out my favorites, including some tried-and-true ones from my own collection.

  1. NARS lipstick in Heat Wave: This is SUCH a gorgeous red-orange shade for summer, and suits many different skin tones (EVEN the cave-dweller-pale situation I've got going on). The only downside of this shade is that unlike a classic red lipstick with a blue undertone, this shade will not make your teeth look whiter. On the contrary, it makes them look more yellow because the orange tones in the lipstick bring out ANY yellow tones in your teeth. You've been warned.
  2. OPI nail polish in A Red-Vival City: I gave this shade a try last weekend when I got my nails done and I LOVE it! It's so fun and vibrant for the warmer weather we (finally) have going on in Virginia.
  3. Malia swimsuit: I can always talk myself into buying another swimsuit, how cute are these ruffles?! You can't go wrong with a bright swimsuit when it's hot outside.
  4. Hunter rain boots: Rain boots are a must during the stormy, muddy summer months, and I loving using them to incorporate a pop of color to an outfit.
  5. Express jumpsuit: This jumpsuit is so saucy for a night out. It would also look great with a jean jacket or white blazer for daytime.
  6. French Connection sheath dress: I have this dress in white and it's one of my favorite dresses of all time! The cut is classic, and it's super versatile. I love it in the orange shade, and I think it'd be a great summer staple. It definitely runs small, so if you're considering it, size up.
  7. J. Crew earrings: Statement earrings are such a fun way to add a pop of color to a neutral outfit, and I love these for summertime. I'm picturing them with an all white outfit and a denim jacket.
  8. Kopari Lip Glossy in Mai Tai: This is a nourishing half lip balm, half lip gloss, taken up a notch with the striking coral shade.
  9. Rebecca Minkoff bandana: At this point you've seen a million little bandanas, so why not add a coral colorblocked one to the mix? These are a must-have accessory for spring and summer, they're super versatile and a girly way to add interest to an outfit.
  10. Charles David platforms: Espadrille sandals aren't going anywhere this season, and I love this bright orange pair for a night out.
Have you fallen in love yet? Somehow, I always end up under the spell of this color every time 80-degree temperatures start rolling back around.

I hope you're having a great week!
xoxx, Laura


No comments