July Favorites

Whew, July must've flown by faster than any other month this year! Anyone else feel the same? I had a pretty busy month with wedding planning and travels, so I feel like I didn't find too many new things that I love, but I did reunite with some of my old loves. Lots of food in this month's favorites because that's how we roll around here. Hope you love!


  1. Faux leather moto jacket: This is my favorite purchase from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I've had a taupe moto jacket for many years and love it, so I was excited to add a black one to my closet for fall. Plus, this one's still in stock and on sale through Sunday!
  2. Minted Weddings: I can't say enough good things about this company! They're who I used for my wedding save-the-dates and now invites. They have SO many gorgeous designs, and what's more is that you can work one-on-one with a graphic designer to customize any of the templates pretty much any way you want. For our invitations in particular, Kenny's and my name were professionally designed to look like calligraphy rather than just using a scripty font for our names. They're also such good quality, I'm hoping that my close friends and family will want to keep them!
  3. Health-Ade kombucha in "Cayenne Cleanse": I'm a big kombucha fan (has anyone seen the Kombucha King videos by Cody Ko? SO funny!) and I love this flavor. It's not spicy, the cayenne just gives it a hit of heat that I love.
  4. Urban Decay lipstick in "Backtalk": This has been a favorite of mine for a few years, but I've been wearing it a ton lately. It's the perfect pink that isn't TOO pink, and almost serves as a neutral. I get lots of compliments on it!
  5. Babe wine: It's no secret that I LOVE BABE 💯 I got to be a part of their 4th of July campaign, which was a blast. Unfortunately, they stopped selling it in-store near me, but FORTUNATELY, they have free shipping when you order online. The rosé is my fave, but all of the varieties are great.
  6. Tula face filter: I was on the hunt for something light coverage and low-maintenance to wear for my wedding, and got this product on a recommendation from Amanda Marshall of Pardon Muah. It gives you just enough coverage to even out your skin tone without even needing a brush to apply it, you can just use your fingers. Plus, it has good ingredients so it isn't harsh on your skin.
  7. Where the Crawdads Sing: I have been working on this book FOREVER, I have such a hard time making time to read anymore! Luckily, I had four flights this past weekend on the way to and from Florida that allowed me some time to sit back and finally finish it. It was so good! Not like something I typically read, it's a coming-of-age slash murder mystery slash romance. I love any books set in the south, especially in the summertime, so this was a great summer read.
  8. RXBAR nut butters: These are so good, I love getting the single-serving packets and bringing them with a sliced apple for a quick breakfast on the go. They come in six flavors, my favorites are vanilla almond butter and honey cinnamon peanut butter. They contain egg whites for added protein so they're not vegan, but I let myself get away with them. I used to only be able to get these online, but they sell them at Target now.
  9. Yum yum sauce recipe: As I mentioned in Wednesday's post, I've had a major yum yum sauce craving recently. I took to Pinterest to find an easy recipe for it, and this one is SO GOOOOD. I've made it three times in the last couple of weeks, and it goes great with my next favorite:
  10. Costco spicy fried seaweed rolls: I couldn't find these online and I can't even figure out what brand they are, but my local Costco was sampling spicy fried seaweed rolls a few weeks back and my mom and I fell into the trap. They're basically spicy seasoned rice noodles wrapped in seaweed that have been tempura battered, par fried, and frozen, and then you pan fry them to crisp them up. SO delicious, look for them in the frozen section of Costco!
That's it for me today, I hope you have a great weekend! My mom and I have a sushi date planned for this afternoon, so I can't wait for that!

xoxx, Laura

No comments