Best Staple White Dress

Happy Friday! The last Friday in August, can you believe it?! As the end of the last summer month approaches, I wanted to squeeze in one "true" summer look featuring the best staple white dress of all time. 

French Connection whisper light sheath dress


I've written about this dress time and time again, I truly think it is THE best plain white dress on the market. I bought it last summer when I was hunting for a simple, versatile white dress, and I was surprised at how difficult it was to find one! It's a splurge for sure, but it's great quality and a style that you'll wear for years to come.

One thing I will note about it is that it runs small. I'm typically a 0-2 in most dresses, and I took a 4 in this one. I could even do a 6, I don't like dresses that are too form fitting and I feel like the waist of this dress is proportionately much smaller than the chest and hip measurements. 

They bring this dres back every season in new colors, always maintaining classic white. What's great about that is that you can catch it on sale sometimes, and it also pops up on Poshmark, just search "French Connection whisper light sheath dress." It's a great versatile dress in any color, it comes in black too!


These photos are actually old, Kenny took them for me last October when we were in beautiful Charleston for a few days before taking a cruise.


And I mean, HOW beautiful is Charleston?? You could take photos there for years and still not hit every spot, every inch of it is stunning.


All of these were taken in and around Waterfront Park, home of the infamous pineapple fountain.


This photo was in front of an office building, can you imagine working there?!


We have visited Charleston the past two Octobers and I'm dying to get back there, it's one of my very favorite cities in the world, right up there with Nashville.


Okay now I'm just reminiscing - Rainbow Row! Kenny and I just happened upon it while walking around and I was thrilled. I was planning on visiting at some point, but accidentally coming upon it was such a surprise!

Have anything good planned this weekend? My bridal shower is tomorrow and I'm soo excited not only for the party, but to see all of my friends again! With all of us in separate places now, we rarely get time with everyone together, so I'm going to take advantage of every moment we have together.

xoxx, Laura

No comments