Courtyard Chic

Happy Friday! Last Saturday was a day of courtyards! Kenny and I went to one of our favorite date locations, downtown Lexington, for the first time in several weeks, and we (mainly me) were delighted to see that they had spruced up some of their old courtyards into delightful

Cami | Similar Skirt | Heels | Sunglasses | LV Speedy B 30


Lexington has one of THE most charming downtowns, and Kenny and I love walking around there. We had most of our dates there when he was still living in Roanoke because it's about halfway between there and Harrisonburg, so it's really special to us and we have lots of favorite things to see and do there.


Kenny's actually working on creating signage for one of the businesses on main street (he's a graphic designer and he works for a sign company!) so it was cool to go scope out where that is going to be. 


There is an inn called The Georges that also owns a few upscale-casual restaurants downtown that just renovated this little courtyard. It used to be kind of eerie and overgrown with ivy (catch a glimpse of the before here!) but now it's a charming little sitting area beside another storefront they've acquired, which appears to be a new bar or event venue. I'm excited to see inside when it's open!


 The other courtyard we visited was behind Haywood's, which is located in the bottom level of The Georges. Kenny and I had surprisingly never been before, so we decided to stop in for happy hour to get a drink and some apps in the courtyard. They serve a mean G&T, and we also got some truffle mashed potatoes and a summer salad with grilled watermelon. Yum! I can't wait to go back while it's still warm outside. Everything's so green and flourishing!


I hope you have a great weekend! I have my wedding dress fitting today after my first (and hopefully only) round of alterations. Luckily, my maid of honor is in town so she can come with me! She was with me when I bought the dress, so now she'll be able to see it when it fits. So exciting!

xoxx, Laura

No comments