Trend Spotlight: Statement Swimwear

Classic, solid swimsuits are out of office today, and it's time to get EXXXTRA! Today I'm diving into a class of swimsuits that are sure to get you noticed poolside, and are perfect for the 'gram. Have I EVER cared about "practical" swimwear? Not since my mom stopped dressing me. And if I had a heart monitor hooked up to myself any time I'm in a swimsuit, you'd be able to tell EXACTLY how many nip-slips I've almost had.

But that's neither here nor there, because today we're throwing practicality (and normal tan lines) to the wind in favor of being the most annoyingly fashionable girl at any given body of water. Here are my top ten favorite statement swimsuits for summer:

  1. Abstract Leopard: Meow, sis!
  2. Pink and Orange Retro: The closest you can get to a two-piece without actually wearing a two-piece.
  3. Contrast Lattice: You'd better not give an F about freaky tan lines if you love this one, because it's undoubtedly going to be leaving its mark on you.
  4. Giraffe: Giraffes are pretty much every basic girl's favorite animal these days to the point where it's basically a personality trait, wear your conformity with pride.
  5. Lace-Up: This is the closest you'll ever get to looking like a converse sneaker, so if that's your style, then this is your moment. Heck, wear it WITH your chucks for all I care.
  6. Monaco Nautical Flags: Can't afford to live as one of Monaco's elite? No problem! Just rep it on an inexpensive swimsuit and maybe people will think you're a yacht/mansion/sports car/nightclub owner on vacation from the high life.
  7. White Fringe Back: Hate to see you go but love to watch you leave
  8. Nautical Belted: Versace vibes af.
  9. Western Sequin: Nashville rooftop pool bars aren't READY! Throw on cutoffs and a stetson hat, ride em' cowgirl.
  10. Fruity: Because who can resist a fruit print? We're all a little fruity. 
That's all I've got for you today! I'm working on revamping my blog template, so I've been doing a lot behind-the-scenes this week, less post-writing. I'm excited about where things are going, so I hope you love it! Soon I'll get to say goodbye to my amateur-ly modified default template. Phew!

xoxx, Laura

No comments