Girly Gingham Outfit of the Day

Happy Monday! Did you have a good weekend? I had a pretty eventful one!

On Friday I got off at noon, and my brother and I went to shop around Rocky's which is a super cool estate jewelry and antique store, and is also where my engagement ring is from! Rocky has curated the entire extensive collection in the store, and it's seriously impressive. I could sort through their jewelry for hours! I love antique jewelry because I feel like it's better quality and everything is one-of-a-kind. Stuart had been looking for a silver chain, and found a good one for a great deal.

After Rocky's, we headed to Harmony Harvest Farm to pick up some flowers as part of a bouquet subscription my mom has. It turned out that pickup day wasn't actually until last week, but the sisters that run the farm are so great (not to mention HILARIOUS) and threw together a bouquet really quick so that we wouldn't have to come back. It was SO beautiful, and I loved watching them work! One of them was making a bridal bouquet for the weekend that was absolutely unreal, with burgundy and deep fuchsia tones, and succulents throughout that they grow right there on the farm!

Before we headed home, I went to scope out a wildflower farm that I am considering as a setting Kenny's and my engagement photos next weekend (and yes, I still haven't picked a setting yet...) My mom and I have been there before, but there's no way to know what'll be blooming on any given weekend so I wanted to go get an idea of what's happening there right now.

At 3:00, Kenny and I had a meeting at a restaurant we're looking considering on hosting our rehearsal dinner at, so it felt good to get that crossed off of my wedding to-do list!

That evening, I whipped up a new watermelon cocktail recipe I'd been wanting to try, and it was so good (recipe coming soon)!

On Saturday, Kenny and I took a day trip to Richmond and went to all of our favorite shopping spots. We went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner which is our fave; with all of the amazing dining options in Richmond, we can't stray from Cheesecake Factory. 😂

On Sunday we did basically nothing, and it was glorious. Kenny and I slept in a bit and then I went back to my parent's house to be with their dog because they were down in Blacksburg with my brother getting the last of his apartment stuff moved back up here. I made brownies, and Kenny and I just hung around all day.

Similar Gingham Shirt | White Skirt
Sandals | Straw Bag | Sunglasses


Today I'm sharing a cute, girly outfit that's great for an on-the-go afternoon. Gingham is such a classic print, and something that belongs in every southern girl's closet. You can wear it year-round, but I especially love it in summery pastel shades; you can't beat the blue and white combo. The shirt I'm wearing is old from Vineyard Vines, but you can find a similar one pretty much anywhere this time of year.


Another one of my summer must-haves is a good denim skirt. I got a regular denim one from Old Navy last year and was really surprised at how much I wore it because I wasn't loving the trend at first. I rarely wear shorts in the summer because I just prefer skirts and dresses, so I found myself wearing the denim skirt in place of denim shorts. The one I got last year is true denim while this white one has a little bit of a stretch. I prefer true denim over the stretchy kind for skirts, but overall it's such a great piece. I even chose it over another one I tried on at J. Crew.


You'll be seeing these Jack Rogers Lauren sandals ALL summer long, they're the best sandals of all time in my opinion, and much more comfortable than the classic Jack Rogers. I got them in black a couple of summers ago and I've worn them to death, I'll continue to repurchase them foreva!


While we're talking outfit details, I'm sure you recognize two of my favorite accessories: my tortoiseshell cat-eye sunglasses and straw bag. They're both staples for me, I love a good neutral, versatile piece. I got the straw bag for Kenny's and my cruise last fall because I wanted something inexpensive that I wouldn't have to worry about getting wet or dirty, and wasn't expecting to love it as much as I do. I would 100% repurchase it, it's great quality for the price and can fit more inside than it looks like it would.


P.S. There was a full security sign in front of the ivy to the left of me in these photos and I was able to edit it out... I'm pretty proud of myself, haha! I was in my neighbor's yard praying that they didn't see me and ask what I was doing... I would say "no shame" but there was a healthy amount of shame involved.

Have a great day, and I'll see you back here on Wednesday!

xoxx, Laura

No comments