Trend Spotlight: Square Sunglasses

One of the most widespread and wearable trends this season is square, wire-frame sunglasses; an oversized take on a classic construction. I know that teeny tiny sunglasses have been all the rage the past few seasons, but I've never gotten the hype. I think they're so unflattering, ha! I think that I'll be an oversized sunglasses girl for life.

My rule of thumb for sunglasses (or really, any fashion piece) is that if you really love a certain style and you can see yourself getting a ton of wear out of it, then it's definitely worth splurging on a designer pair. On the flip side, if there's a pair of sunglasses that you think is super cute but don't know how long it'll be in style, I think that going for an inexpensive pair is the way to go.

Luckily, there's a pair of square sunglasses this season for whatever budget you're working with. I'm rounding up my top ten favorite pairs, from less expensive to pricier.


  1. Amazon Vocono $11: Amazon is my #1 spot for inexpensive, trendy sunglasses. These come in four colors, and for $11, you can't beat them for a fun statement pair to last you a season or two. Plus if you lose them in the lake, you're not out of a ton of money.
  2. Amazon Coasion $15 (plus a 10% off coupon right now!): Another great Amazon option. Plus, they come in 10 colors!
  3. Target $17: For as long as I can remember, I've loved trying on sunglasses in Target when I'm there. They always have a lot of great styles, from classic to wild.
  4. Polaroid $65: I think that the ~$65 range is the sweet spot for sunglasses quality while not spending a ton of money.
  5. Kate Spade $90: This may be my favorite pair, I love the fun gradient and the rimless look! They're originally $160, but significantly less expensive at many retailers right now.  
  6. Tommy Hilfiger $110: The more rounded shape of these is fun if that's your style, and I love the reflective detail on these. They also come in a pretty light blue version.
  7. Ray-Ban $153: Everyone loves a good Ray-ban, don't they? You can rely on the quality and the integrity of the brand. They have good customer service and warranties on all of their products, so you can't go wrong.
  8. Dior $445: These may be my favorites, they have such a good shape and I love the chocolate brown gradient. Plus, the style is called "Stellaire," how ethereal does that sound??
  9. Oliver Peoples $380: This pair comes in two colors, and I love the texture of the frames.
  10. Celine $460: How fun is this pink gradient? If the pink isn't your thing, this pair also comes in two other colors. Celine is my favorite luxury sunglasses brand, I can speak to the long-lasting quality of them after having a pair of Celines and wearing them almost every day for over three years.
Got anything good going on this weekend?? Tonight Kenny and I are going to a charity raffle/auction with my parents that happens a couple of times a year, so that'll be fun! I'm not sure what else I'm gonna get into, but I'm excited to sleep in and spend some time outside in the HOT, if nothing else. I hope you have a great one!

On a TOTAL side note, you have to read this article about children of sperm donors! I came across it totally randomly on my browser homepage. I rarely ever read those articles, but I clicked on it and it's a really thought-provoking read by a 20-year-old guy who was conceived with the help of a sperm donor who set out to find out if he had any half-siblings, and ended up discovering that he has 32! AND one of them is from Grottoes, VA, which is only about 20 minutes from where I live! It's a really interesting read.

Okay that's all, byeee!

xoxx, Laura




No comments