Polka Dot Midi Dress Two Ways

Hey gorge! How was your weekend? Kenny and I had a wedding-filled couple of days, with wedding band-shopping on Friday, a wedding in Roanoke on Saturday, and then our ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS yesterday! 😱

We took engagement photos sort of late because we had gotten actual proposal photos, and I wasn't really in any rush to get our engagement photos taken. Our photographer lives about four hours away in Chesapeake, so I was willing to work with her schedule to choose a time that she'd be around the area to take photos, rather than dragging her up here just for us. She is an absolute visionary, I'm so excited to see the photos and reveal them (and where we decided to take them) here on the blog!

Today I'm styling a fun polka-dot midi dress into two casual summer outfits. Hope you love!

Similar dress (less expensive version) | Hat | Bag | Sandals
The first combo is on the more casual side. I paired the dress with my beloved panama hat, a pair of flat woven sandals, and a black crossbody.


I'd wear this outfit out to dinner on a patio or rooftop; I love eating alfresco when it's warm out! It's also perfect for sitting on the side of the road in front of a flower bed.


The second outfit is still casual, but slightly elevated with some wedges and a jean jacket. I have had this jean jacket in my closet for eight years now, and it's the only one I own! Denim jackets are a wardrobe staple, especially for summer, and once you find the perfect one, you'll be together forever!

Similar dress (less expensive version) | Similar denim jacket | Bag | Wedges


I have worn this combo to work because I work in a relatively casual office setting. If you do too, then lucky you! I love not having to necessarily wear "workwear" clothes, although if I have a training session or important meeting on a particular day, I try to be a little dressier.


I also think this outfit would be great for an outdoor concert or trip to the farmer's market. If you're extra like me, wedges are appropriate literally anywhere, but you could switch them out for some shoes that are easier to walk in, of course.


Featuring: more random neighbors' walkways that I didn't have permission to be shooting on. 😂 I'm sure they wouldn't mind...

Have an amazing week! Friday is the official first day of SUMMER and I could not be more excited. 🙌

xoxx, Laura

No comments