13 Things I Highly Recommend for Summertime

This post contains commissionable links.

SHOP THE COLLAGE:


It's BEEN summer in my soul, but it's *officially* going to be summer by the end of the week! By this point you know that I live and breathe summertime, my entire year revolves around it, so today I'm sharing 13 of my summer must-haves - many of which I use almost every single day! I'm headed to the beach soon and I can guarantee I'll be bringing every single one of these things with me - well, except for the egg chair, but maybe they'll have one at our rental house. 😂

    1. Candy necklaces: By this point you already know how much I love my gemstone candy necklaces for summer! I wrote a whole post on my favorite affordable ones here, but my top favorites are these from Etsy and this one that comes in a million color combos!
    2. UPF shirts: If you're always looking for ways to up your sun protection game like me, these shirts are a need. They provide sun protection equivalent to SPF 40-50, and I love not having to worry as much about reapplying sunscreen on my upper body while I'm wearing these. I have a men's one in a size small that's very oversized, and a women's one in a size medium for a more relaxed fit.
    3. SPF lip balm: As a lip balm aficionado, SPF lip balm in the summertime is a must! This one is my go-to year-round, but I enjoy using this one during the summer because it has a cooling sensation and juicy shine.
    4. Tinted mineral face sunscreen: By this point we all know how important using sunscreen every day is, and this one has been my favorite face sunscreen for about a year now! It's an easy-to-blend mineral formula, high protection, and has a nice tint to give you some color and eliminate the white cast that mineral sunscreens tend to have.
    5. Egg chair: This is where you can find me on any sunny evening May through September! I love sitting in my egg chair, reading a book, and watching Roxy on her cat leash. 😂
    6. Tommy Bahama beach chair: This beach chair is the best, you'll notice dozens of them out on the beach if you keep an eye out!
    7. Red-orange nail polish: You will almost always find me wearing firey red-orange nail polish in the summertime! Some of my favorite shades are Lava, Viva OPI, Living on the Bula-vard, and Cajun Shrimp.
    8. Tanologist self tan drops: I am eternally pale, so self tanner is a must. These drops have been my favorite the past few years because they're low-maintenance, easy to use, customizable, and you don't have to rinse them off. I use the dark shade, and sometimes I mix them with extra dark.
    9. Shirt dresses: I wear shirt dresses ALL the time in the spring and summer, they really do the heavy lifting in my wardrobe this time of year. This one has been the star for me this season (I dedicated an entire post to it). I'm wearing the white one as I type this and it's still in stock in four different colors!
    10. Elin Hilderbrand books: I've read enough Elin Hilderbrand novels by this point to dub her my favorite beach read author! I'm currently reading The Five Star Weekend and loving it just as much as her others!
    11. Sea breeze cocktail: This is my go to easy cocktail for summertime, I cannot wait to enjoy them at the beach later this month! I posted my favorite recipe here.
    12. Simple Modern tumblers: No one's oblivious to the Stanley tumbler craze at this point, but I prefer the Simple Modern brand! They're cheaper, sleeker, more leakproof, and all around better in my opinion!
    13. Sun hats: I love a good sun hat! I plan on doing a post covering all of my favorites, but if I could only choose two, I'd go with this one for a chic look and this one for a casual, beachy look.

I simply cannot contain my joy at the fact that it's finally summer - I'm truly the most myself during the summertime and you won't hear me stop gushing about it until fall comes (which is September 22nd and not a day sooner - don't forget!)


xoxx, Laura

No comments