2023 Fall Candle Review

Image via

Fall candle season is officially here! It's been downright gloomy in Virginia since the first day of fall, so it really is the perfect time to break out all of your favorite autumnal home fragrances. Fall is the BEST season for candles in my opinion, so I always go kind of ham, you've been warned. 😂 Most of my favorite scents are from Bath & Body Works because they're accessible and easy to get on sale, but I have a couple of picks from other brands too.


Opalhouse Autumn Harvest
: This is the Target's best fall candle, I look forward to it each year! It's a little spicy, a little woodsy, and a little sweet. Plus a 15oz two-wick is only $10!


Nest Autumn Plum
: I tried this one for the first time this season on the recommendation of Sydney Carver, it's her favorite! The smell is very beautiful a mixture of cinnamon and woodsy plum. While I don't have any critiques of this candle, there are less expensive ones that I enjoy just as much so I don't know that I'd repurchase this one (although it is on sale for $12 off right now!)


Spiced Pumpkin & Patchouli
: I love a classic spicy pumpkin candle, and this is the perfect option! Patchouli gives it a more earthy vibe than the typical fall spices like cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg.



Midnight Cocktails
: This is a new fragrance this year that has become a fast favorite of mine! It smells like woodsy leather and tobacco, which is a hard scent to nail in my opinion. I would even wear this as a fall perfume!


The Perfect Autumn
: This really is the perfect autumn candle - it strikes the perfect balance of apple, cranberry, pumpkin, and spices.


Pumpkin Bonfire
: It's hard to pick, but this may be my favorite fall candle! It's similar to the ever popular Marshmallow Fireside scent, but it's more smoky and less sweet.


Cranberry Woods
: This is one of my very favorite fall scents - probably top 3! It's comparable to Nest Autumn Plum in that it's a woodsy mix of fall fruit and spice.


Pumpkin Apple
(2, 3): This candle lives up to it's name perfectly - an even mix of pumpkin and apple with a hint of spice!



Apple & Charcoal
: This is a nice fresh apple candle with a hint of smoke, but mainly fresh!


Fireside
:  This is the PERFECT woodsy, smoky candle. It smells like a bonfire!



Honeycrisp Apple
: This is a classic apple scent! I like to burn apple candles year-round, but especially during fall.


Pumpkin Clove
: This is a wonderful spiced pumpkin scent with just a hint of sweetness.


Sweater Weather
(2): This is the perfect candle to burn to get a break from all of the warm, spicy scents. It's a wonderful crisp, fresh candle reminiscent of a chilly fall morning.



Spiced Cardamom
: This is not marketed as a fall candle, but it is SUCH a great spicy, cozy home fragrance for fall. The primary note of cardamom makes it stand out from the typical cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg fragrances.


Blue Orchard Skies
: If you like a good apple scent, this is another fresh, crisp option that is great year-round, but I especially love during fall.


Apple Weather
: Yet another great apple scent - this one has notes of lavender leaves and cinnamon bark that give it a slightly herbal vibe.


Harvest Gathering
: This is one of my top favorites - it's the perfect apple-cranberry-spice scent. I really love candles that include cranberry because I think it brings a nice freshness that cuts the heavier spice notes just enough.


Walk in the Woods
: This a really nice subtle woodsy scent. It's not very strong so it's nice to burn in a smaller space when you don't want something overpowering.

Alright, I'm ready to get cozy now!


xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments