Styling Linen Pants


When I was getting ready for my beach trip, I could've sworn I had a pair of white linen pants but I could not find them anywhere! I convinced myself that I imagined them, so I rush ordered this pair from Target and I'm so glad I did - it opened up a whole new series of outfits to wear this summer, and today I wanted to share some inspo! 


Quick sizing note on the Target pants - they have a very relaxed fit (I find that Target clothing tends to run on the larger side so I often size down). I ordered a size small because XS was sold out. I can make them work since they have a drawstring waist, but they're definitely a size too big. They're also quite long, I wear them very high on the waist and the hems *just* graze the ground (I'm 5'6"ish). I linked a bunch of other beautiful linen pant options above, my favorite of which are these J.Crew bestsellers!


Outfit 1:
This is the outfit that inspired this whole post! I wore this outfit a couple of times while I was at the beach last week (unfortunately I didn't get any good photos!) and I just loved it. The navy and white striped shirt with a sweater draped over my shoulders made me feel like the ultimate coastal grandmother.


Outfit 2:
I love this casual look for a summer errand like a farmers market run or a patio coffee date! Add a baseball cap for some extra sun protection.


Outfit 3:
Americana vibes! I'm wearing a version of this this outfit as I type this, actually. 😂 And I plan on wearing something similar for the 4th!


Outfit 4:
When it comes to styling linen pants, this look is about as classic as you can get! I think blue and white striped shirts and white linen pants are just made for each other.


Outfit 5:
I love a good neutral-toned outfit! I saw one similar to this one on Pinterest and had to style my own rendition. With something simple like this, don't be afraid to go heavy on the gold jewelry. 😉


Outfit 6:
Another fun casual option for running errands or maybe an outdoor concert! Get creative with the tank top, it would be beautiful with bright orange-red for a pop of color.



Outfit 7:
I'm always looking for a chic way to style a graphic tee, and I love this all-white option! Classy coastal vibes perfect for a casual brunch or happy hour.


Outfit 8:
I had to include a more workwear-friendly option - linen skews more casual, but I'd definitely feel comfortable wearing something like this to my business-casual office.


Outfit 9:
Last but not least, a summer sweater combo that's the perfect thing to wear out on the deck while sipping a glass of wine and watching the sun set. My dream scenario! 

I hope your week is off to a great start! I'm in full-on post-beach depression mode, it always hits me so hard! I know I'll snap out of it, but our weather is not helping - it's been storms off and on since we got back and it even hailed so much yesterday evening that it looked like it snowed in people's yards!

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments