May Favorites


Happy JUNE! The weather is finally starting to heat up in Virginia, and I am so ready for summer! Expect to see me in nothing but sundresses from now til September. 😍 I've got a lot of fun favorites to share with you today from May including some great picks for the upcoming season, so let's get into them!

    1. OPI "Miami Beet": This has been my nail shade of the month - it's the perfect deep purpley-red.
    2. White sunglasses: Julia Berolzheimer has a pair of chic white sunglasses that she always wears and I wanted to find a similar pair, so I picked these from my favorite Amazon sunglasses seller and I love them! They're polarized and look expensive but they're under $15 - they come in other colors too.
    3. Candy necklaces: I got two of these necklaces in milky aquamarine and turquoise to layer together, and I already want more. They are SO gorgeous and the perfect look-for-less for the gorgeous Irene Neuwirth candy necklaces at less than 1% of the price of the real ones.
    4. Sweatshorts: I pretty much live in sweatshorts in the summertime when I'm at home, and I accidentally dyed all of my white ones pink last year so I've been in the market for some new ones. 😂 I'm picky about my sweatshorts, they have to be a nice length and a nice thickness. These are my favorite that I've found (besides my old ones which are no longer sold!) and they're on sale for under $10! I got my usual size small, but they're very oversized so I could've gotten an XS and still had plenty of room. The only critique I have about them is the drawstring on the inside is a continuous loop rather than having two ends to tie together - I might buy a new drawstring to replace the existing one.
    5. East Coast sweatshirt: The quality of this sweatshirt is SO nice - the text is printed into the material so it won't crack or peel. I sized up to a large and it's perfectly oversized. This shop has a ton of cute sweatshirts which are all available in multiple colors, I would definitely purchase from them again!
    6. Lano Glossy Balm: At this point you probably know my love for the Lano brand, so I'm always intrigued when they have a new product. This glossy balm has become a favorite this month, it's super thick and nourishing with a tint of color.
    7. Cay Skin sunscreen: I got a sample size of this sunscreen and I'll definitely be purchasing a full size bottle soon! It's SPF 45 and it's slightly tinted, so it helps slightly even out your skin tone and gives your face a nice glow.
    8. Pinrose "Sun Saint": I have a handful of summer fragrances that I love, but unfortunately this is the only one I can recommend because the others are discontinued! I fell in love with this one last summer and just ordered a new bottle for the season.
    9. Trader Joe's Espiral vinho verde: I'm a big fan of vinho verde wine in the summer - it's a drier white with the slightest effervescence. It's usually very affordable (under $10!), which is the case for this Trader Joe's bottle - it will definitely be a repurchase for me!
    10. Nude lip combo: I have a hard time finding lighter nude lip colors that work for me - many nudes pull super orange on my skin tone! I have a combo that I've been loving lately, I apply a base of MAC "Love U Back" (which seems to be sold out - "Honey Love" would be a good alternative!) and pat a light layer of Urban Decay "Backtalk" over top of it.
    11. Pajama pants: I have an old pair of jersey pajama pants that are the BEST and I had a hard time finding something similar! These men's pajama pants are my favorites I've found, I got my usual women's size small and they have the perfect relaxed fit (and I appreciate the drawstring waist for a customizable fit).
    12. Watching: My favorite shows this month were all on Netflix! I enjoyed the new episodes of Firefly Lane although I can't get past my dislike of Kate's character! 😂 I think I just don't like Sarah Chalke's portrayal - I just find her annoying! I enjoyed the new season of Selling Sunset lots more drama this season! Lastly, I'm rewatching Bloodline because it feels like a good summer show to me, mainly because it's set in the Florida Keys, haha.


I hope you have a fabulous weekend! My brother and I got my dad tickets to see Dead and Co. as a birthday gift, and the concert is tomorrow - I'm so excited to hear about it! My dad's favorite band is The Grateful Dead, and we couldn't miss an opportunity to send him to a weekend Dead and Co. show, even if it's not "the same" as the original band - I know he's looking forward to it and it looks like the weather is going to be nice, I'm so grateful for that!

xoxx, Laura 

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments