2022 Bath & Body Works Fall Candle Review


Happy fall, y'all! Okay that was cringe and I apologize. But this is one of the most *basic* posts I ever make, so I'm leaving the corny greeting in. Let's talk fall candles! Every fall I make sure to stock up on my favorite fall scents from Bath & Body Works, and always make sure I try all of their new fragrances as well. 

 
If you can believe it, this is actually my narrowed down list. 😂 If I HAD to pick a top 5, I think they would be Harvest Gathering, Cranberry Woods, Pumpkin Bonfire, Sweater Weather, and Pumpkin Apple... and one of the appley ones, maybe Autumn. Okay, that's my top six. Along with including the notes for each of these candles, I grouped my picks into three categories: fresh and crisp, spicy and cozy, and ones that are new to me this year. I hope that helps you find your next favorite fall fragrance!

FRESH & CRISP

These are what I call "transitional candles," ha! They're nice for when you want fall vibes but it's still 80 out so you're not feeling a full pumpkin spice moment.

Honeycrisp Apple (Golden Honeycrisp, Apple Blossom, Fresh Sugarcane): This is a TRUE apple scent; bright, fresh, and crisp. The fresh sugarcane note might make you think this one would skew sweet, but it's really only sweet in a fruity way. I especially like burning this one in the kitchen!

 

Apple Weather (single wick) (Fresh Farmstand Apples, Lavender Leaves, Cinnamon Bark): This is another very true apple scent, I would say the main difference between this one and the others is that it’s slightly more herbaceous, but still very similar to Honeycrisp Apple and Apple Orchard Lane.

Apple Orchard Lane (Fresh Autumn Apples, Cedarwood Trail, Cinnamon Bar): This is another true apple scent! Super fresh and crisp, and extremely similar to Honeycrisp Apple - you definitely don’t need both.

Autumn (Gala Apple, Juicy Fig, Eucalyptus Leaf, Fir Balsam): This one is a great balance of apple, fig, and fresh woods; it definitely makes you think of a crisp autumn day. I don't get very much of the eucalyptus, it probably mixes in with the balsam note. 


Sweater Weather (2, single wick) (Fresh Sage, Juniper Berries, Aromatic Eucalyptus, Fresh Woods): This one is super fresh, a bit woodsy, and maybe just a touch masculine. It's a little herbaceous, and overall just a great fall candle that doesn't scream pumpkin, apple, or spice. I've been burning this one a lot already this year!

SPICY & COZY

These are all *true* fall candles. They're spicy, warm, and perfectly evoke that classic cozy fall feeling.

 

Leaves (2, 3, 4, single wick) (Crisp Red Apple, Golden Nectar, Warm Clove Spice): If I'm not mistaken, this is Bath & Body Works' most popular fall candle, and with good reason! It's super cozy, appley, and spicy. It has all of the warmth and homeyness you could ever want in a fall candle, and it's a very strong scent that can fill a large space. I've burned this one less in recent years, partially because it's SO strong and also because I have so many other great fall candles it comes up less frequently in the rotation.


The Perfect Autumn (single wick) (Fresh Cranberry, Spiced Pumpkin, Crisp Apple, Rich Clove): This one is classic fall, with a bit of a fresh twist. This one falls along the same lines as Harvest Gathering and Leaves - spicy and appley, but with some extra brightness from the cranberry note plus a hint of pumpkin. This one is VERY strong - it can easily fill a large space. This has been a staple of mine for years but I might take a break with it next year because there are others that have the same vibe and let's face it, I could use to pare down my candle collection, ha.


Harvest Gathering (2, single wick) (Fresh Picked Apple, Autumn Berries, Clove Buds): Harvest Gatherine is the quintessential fall fragrance; it has the freshness of apple perfectly balanced by the richness of spices without being too cinnamon-heavy. (Cinnamon-apple fragrances often just remind me of public bathroom air freshener 😂) 

 

Cranberry Woods (single wick) (Tart Cranberry, Cinnamon Bark, Forest Cedar, Golden Amber): This is one of my top favorite fall candles! I've found that I love candles with cranberry, this one has a deep, almost woodsy scent, but the cranberry freshens it up. It's not your average fall candle, but it definitely suits the season and makes a great transitional scent.

 

Pumpkin Bonfire (single wick) (White Pumpkin, a Bundle of Clove Buds, Glowing Embers): This one is one of my top favorites, it's cozy and smoky and just a touch sweet. I know that people love Marshmallow Fireside, but that one is a little too sweet for me. This one is like if Marshmallow Fireside was less sweet and more smoky. Perfection!


Pumpkin Apple (2, 3, single wick) (Red Delicious Apple, Fall Pumpkin, Fresh Ground Cinnamon, Clove Buds): I might've already called most of these "quintessential fall fragrances" already, but this one is too. 😂 It smells exactly like the notes stated: pumpkin, apple, and warm spices.


Pumpkin Carving (single wick) (Freshly Carved Pumpkin, Spiced Pumpkin Seeds, Smooth Brown Sugar): This one became a new favorite last year. I originally tried it out expecting to hate it, but I was surprised by how much I like it! It is what pumpkin spice *should* smell like in my opinion. With the brown sugar note, I expected it to smell sweet, but it doesn't smell very sweet at all. Just a true pumpkin spice! 

 

Pumpkin Clove (single wick) (Clove Buds, Ground Cinnamon, a Pinch of Nutmeg, and Fresh Pumpkin): This one smells very similar to Pumpkin Carving - frankly, they're kind of redundant. The main difference between the two is that this one isn't sweet at all, and the spiciness is a bit deeper.

NEW TO ME

These three candles are new to me this season! Sweet Cinnamon Plum is a brand new fragrance, but it appears the other two have been around before. I'm surprised I've never seen them!


Sweet Cinnamon Plum (Juicy Plum, Cinnamon Apples, Ground Clove Buds): This is a brand new scent this year! The fragrance is a beautiful elevated cinnamon apple. I've mentioned before that I kind of stay away from apple cinnamon fragrances because they remind me of cheap air freshener in public bathrooms (ha, ew), but this one is not like that at all - it's the perfect homey, warm scent without being pumpkin spicy.

 

Spiced Pumpkin & Patchouli (Rich Pumpkin, Warm Patchouli, and a Touch of Cinnamon Sugar): The notes describe this one perfectly! I’m not always a fan of patchouli scents, but it balances really nicely with the pumpkin in this case. 

Walk in the Woods (Forest Cedarwood, Crisp Patchouli, Dark Peppercorns): This one smells a little bougie, it reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on what! I'm thinking Le Labo Santal 33 vibes. Definitely woodsy and earthy, not your typical warm and spicy fall candle!


WHEW, with all that being said, I think it's about time for me to go and light one of these babies! Fall weather hit Virginia EXACTLY on the 22nd, so I'm enjoying burning all of my fall scents even more now that it's crisp outsie!


xoxx, Laura

No comments