Favorite Everyday Perfumes

 

This time of year is always a "refresh" for me when it comes to fragrances. My summer fragrances don't seem to suit the weather anymore, but I'm not quite ready to start wearing my heavier fall fragrances. During seasonal transitions, I always turn to fragrances that are perfect for daily wear and work year-round. Today I'm sharing my ten favorite "everyday" perfumes that I always come back to!

  1. Rosie by Rosie Jane:  If I could only keep one fragrance out of my whole collection it would be this one, full stop. It's one of the most pleasant, unique fragrances I've ever owned, and I've never seen anyone else talk about it! It doesn't have any obvious notes when you smell it which I think is what makes it so compelling to me. It's not a super strong scent, but it's long-lasting even though the sillage isn't particularly impressive.
  2. Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt: This is one of the most popular Jo Malone fragrances, and if you've smelled it you understand why! It's very fresh and neutral, and has an element of sophistication that comes from the woody notes. I associate this fragrance more with fall for some reason, but it's a great year-round perfume. 
  3. Juliette has a Gun Not A Perfume: This fragrance is unique because it only has one note - "cetalox," whatever that is. It's a very "skinlike" scent, which sounds gross but you'll understand if you're into that sort of fragrance. It's perfect for daily wear and I know several people who consider this their signature scent. It also comes in a Superdose version which has mixed reviews, but I think it's just as good as the original if not better. My only critique of this fragrance is that the lasting power is pretty poor, which is why I don't reach for it more often. It's also the only perfume I've ever had go bad - I have a few perfumes that I've owned for almost ten years that still smell like they should, but my first bottle of this went sour after one to two years!
  4. Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet: This is one of my longest favorite perfumes, it is just beautiful. It's markedly feminine without being sweet or overly floral, and it's fresh bit subdued. This would make a fantastic wedding perfume. 
  5. Chanel Chance Eau Tendre: If you were a child of the 90's, then I know you had at least one Victoria's Secret body mist. I hate to compare Chanel to Victoria's Secret, but this scent reminds me of a grown up version of the "Fresh & Clean" (which apparently is still sold - not sure if it still smells the same though)! I find that a lot of fresh perfumes lack staying power, but this one has pretty good longevity. This is more of a spring/summer perfume in my opinion because that's the time that I first started wearing it, but it works well in any season as a daytime fragrance.
  6. Ellis Brooklyn Myth: This perfume has been one of my favorite new finds this year. I always describe it as smelling like your hair when you get done at the salon after the stylist has used a bunch of fancy products on it. Light, fresh, and expensive. 
  7. Versace Bright Crystal: This fragrance has held up as one of my favorites even though it's one of the first "real" perfumes I ever purchased. I don't wear it as often as I once did, but I always come back to it. playful but holds its own. This is a really great value for a perfume too - it comes in a bunch of sizes and he 1oz bottle is $65. It's also available in an Absolu version which I own as well - basically just a more concentrated version of the original.
  8. Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue: This one is a timeless classic - if you've never personally worn it, then I'm sure you know someone who wears it. It's the epitome of a bright, fresh fragrance with notes of citrus, apple, and bamboo. It also comes in an intense version which is slightly different but still has the essence of the original.
  9. Clean Classic Warm Cotton: This is one of my favorite scents to wear on a casual day around the house or out running errands. It smells like clean laundry!
  10. Replica Sailing Day: This one is very fresh and invigorating and definitely leans masculine, making it an ideal unisex scent. It definitely reminds me of a day on the water, as the name suggests!
  11. Caudalie Thé des Vignes: The notes of this one make it seem like it will be floral and a bit spicy, but it isn't either of those in my opinion. It's somehow fresh, musky, botanical, and sensual all at the same time. The description on the website depicts a scene of a vineyard at dusk, and it really does remind me of a crisp fall day at a vineyard. 


Did you have a good weekend? I feel like mine was pretty busy, Saturday was at least! Kenny and I walked downtown for a little date night on Friday because I was in an abysmal mood and he wanted to cheer me up. On Saturday we had a house viewing bright and early, and then I ran around with my  mom for a few hours to this really cool vintage marketplace and a couple of our favorite farmer's markets. I bought a gorgeous painting and a couple of plants! In the afternoon, we got last minute tickets to the JMU football game which was exciting! We had good seats and JMU won - we actually left during the third quarter because it started to rain and we had walked to the game from my parents' house. That evening we decided to go see a movie - we decided on Barbarian which we had never heard of but had good reviews, and OMG it was so crazy. If you like horror movies then I definitely recommend it! 


Yesterday we kept it pretty low-key - we ran around a little bit in the morning and then spent most of the afternoon and evening watching football. We took a break to go get sodas at a gas station and also got some rice pudding which was so random but surprisingly good. 😂 After that, Kenny went over to our neighbors' to watch a game with him and I made one of my favorite soup recipes and started rewatching season one of Only Murders in the Building - we haven't started season two yet because I wanted to wait til fall because it's a cozy show to me, so I wanted to brush up on what happened because I am so bad at remembering things from season to season, ha! Overall it was a typical lazy Sunday, which was nice!

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:


This post contains commissionable links.

No comments