January Favorites


Happy TWO's day (2/2/22)! Actually, I think two's day is technically on the 22nd (which is also actually a Tuesday), but the 2nd is still a lot of twos! I'm not super into angel numbers and things like that, but they do interest me and I have been seeing 222 EVERYWHERE for the past several weeks! The 2 angel number is associated with alignment with your goals and purpose. Noted!

Anyway, we're in a new month so you know what that means: new favorites! I've got some good ones for you this time around...

  1. Lace-up boots: I got these boots to replace a similar cheaper pair I've worn out, and I absolutely love them! They're comfortable, easy to style, and feel high-quality.
  2. Sunscreens: I got this sunscreen sample kit recently because I'd been wanting to try the Elta MD one included in it, and the kit is only a few dollars more than a full size of the sunscreen, which is included in the kit. I've tried most of them at this point, and love all of them! This kit is a great, affordable way to try several different sunscreens, plus it comes with a clear zippered bag that's great for travel - I brought it to Arizona with me!
  3. Astral earrings: I'm very into the "ear stack" trend as well as "dainty statement earrings," and these check both of those boxes. I got two pairs of them so I could wear one set in each of my ears (I have two piercings on each lobe). These are affordable but don't look cheap - the gold is a really nice tone, not super bright yellow like a lot of affordable jewelry is.
  4. Dutch oven: I have coveted the Le Creuset Dutch ovens for years, and I finally got one just in time for soup season! Kenny so generously got one for me as an early Valentine's Day gift, and I've been loving using it to make bread and soups for the past few weeks. I got the 5.5 quart size, which is perfect for soups, pastas, and pretty much anything you want to whip up on the stove top.
  5. Heart chain earrings: These were one of those pieces that I just had to have as soon as I saw them! They're so dainty and fun, especially for Valentine's Day coming up. P.S. If you're ever shopping Baubebar, always Google coupons before placing your order - there's almost always a random 20% off coupon available!
  6. Little Secrets by Jennifer Hiller: It's been a while since I read a good thriller, and I absolutely loved this one! It keeps moving the whole time, and I definitely could not have predicted how it would pan out. I'm not going to describe it because I think this is a good story to go into totally blind - I feel like even reading the synopsis on the back of the book gives too much away!
  7. Juvia’s Place Warrior II palette: I wanted to try this palette after falling in LOVE with The Chocolates palette (featured in my 2021 favorites!) and it did not disappoint! It's a great everyday neutral palette with fantastic pigmentation and blendability. I cannot believe the price for the quality!
  8. Catrice lip oil in Watermelon Sparkle: I ordered this on a whim after seeing it in a PR unboxing (#influenced) and it's a really nice sheer pink gloss! It's one of those color formulas that apparently adjusts to your skin's pH. I like wearing it on its own on minimal makeup days.
  9. Glossier You: This perfume has been on my wishlist for a while now - a couple of my friends have it and I always have to ask them what they're wearing every time I smell it! This is meant to be an everyday signature scent, and it's definitely great for that. The notes are pink pepper, amprette seeds, and ambrox - I find that many perfumes that have ambrette seeds and ambrox in the notes are great universal everyday scents, and that's definitely true for this one. It's fresh and a bit woody, and definitely a fragrance that catches your attention.
  10. Wine glasses: I've been seeing these wine glasses on Instagram for a while, and I caught them at TJ Maxx after Christmas and had to grab a set. They're wonderful and I would buy another set at retail price in a heartbeat! I believe HIGHLY in good quality wine glasses; I pretty much live and die by my Riedel glasses, but I've quickly fallen for the Zwiesel brand as well. They're delicate but sturdy, the rims are nice and thin, and I love the shape of these.
  11. Shows: In the streaming realm this month, I've been loving the new season of Queer Eye on Netflix! They really pulled out all the stops this season, every episode is a tearjerker and so heartwarming! Kenny and I have also been enjoying the new season of Righteous Gemstones on HBO Max. It's so dumb and funny and a great lighthearted watch.


I hope your month is off to a great start! Kenny and I have a little weekend getaway planned a couple weeks from now to go to a Dua Lipa concert and visit a city we've never been to, so I'm excited for that! I always love having something like a concert or trip to look forward to, even if it's months away. Luckily for me, that one is coming up soon!

xoxx, Laura 

This post contains commissionable links.

 

No comments