5 Perfumes that Smell *Expensive*


Wanna smell expensive? I've got the fragrances for you! While I love perfumes, I'm not the kind of person to pay, three, four, and five hundred dollars on a single bottle (*cough* Bond No. 9 *cough* Maison Francis Kurkdjian). You can definitely smell expensive at a less expensive price point, and today I'm sharing my five of my favorite perfumes that you can grab for just around $100, but will turn heads and make you smell like a million bucks. These would all make a great last-minute Valentine's Day gift, too!

Notes: Rose, Rangoon Creeper, Osmanthus

Gucci Bloom Nettare di Fiori ($115 for 1.7oz): The best way I can describe this perfume is that it smells like something a rich old lady would wear. 😂 It gives off "perfectly tailored winter coat, oversized sunglasses, and soul-crusher stiletto boots" energy. It is very heavily floral which I know is not everyone's cup of tea, but if that's your zhuzh then you'll love this one! It's long-lasting and the dry down is feminine and powerful. I like this one best for nighttime and the colder months.

Notes: Orange, Patchouli, Turkish Rose

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle ($90 for 1.2oz, $116 for 1.7oz): My opinion on Chanel No. 5 (powdery death) made me think that I would hate this perfume, but I was so incredibly wrong. This is one of the loveliest, most complex fragrances that I have ever smelled - it's delicate and sexy all at the same time. To me, the notes do not really help describe this fragrance. It's hard to describe, it's feminine but still powerful. You definitely get floral notes, but they're not necessarily prominent. The patchouli is noticeable in the dry down, but is no way overwhelming in the "crunchy hippie" way that I'm accustomed to patchouli smelling. No one note in the fragrance stands out over the others, and I think that's what makes this such a great perfume because you can't quite put your finger on what you're smelling. Definitely a head-turner and signature scent-worthy.

Notes: Bergamot, Spices

Nest Indigo ($76 for 1.7oz): This is an absolutely gorgeous, rich, complex fragrance. It's a hard one to describe, but I would classify it as warm and spicy. I don't know where the "spice" comes from, but it's definitely there. The first couple of notes are citrus, but I don't get citrus at all with this one. That makes it seem like it's going to be a fresh fragrances, but it's definitely not that - more deep and sultry. Plus, how gorgeous is the bottle?? This is a true perfume as opposed to an eau de toilette, and a very affordable option! Only $76 for 1.7 ounces, while many other EDP's can run you at least twice that for a single ounce.

Notes: Oakmoss, Freesia, Mirabelle Liquor

Chloe Nomade ($79 for 1oz, $108 for 1.7oz): No fragrance has immediately caught my attention quite as much as this one, it is SO captivating. The only word I can think of to describe this perfume is INTOXICATING. I have a lot of unique perfumes, but this one is truly unlike any that I've ever owned, and it's so complex I can barely describe it. It's categorized as a "warm floral" which is definitely accurate, with notes of freesia, mirabelle, and oak moss. It's definitely deep and sexy, a bit woodsy It smells different if you smell it directly on your skin versus catching a whiff of it in the air - right on the skin it's a little overly warm in my opinion, but from a foot or more away, it smells completely different and SO beautiful and sultry. This is the strongest and most long-lasting fragrance I own, a little goes an extremely long way! When I wear it, I do a teeny tiny partial spritz on my wrists and my neck - you can go overboard with it fast! If you prefer something a little less intense, you could go with the EDT version (which is also slightly less expensive).

Notes: Lychee, Grapefruit, Rose absolute, Magnolia, Moss, Cedarwood essence, Musk, Amber

Chloe L'eau ($68 for 1oz, $98 for 1.7oz): This perfume holds a special place in my heart because it was my wedding fragrance! It's a beautiful, romantic floral, but it isn't fresh and delicate, it's more powerful and alluring. If you like rose fragrances you'll definitely like this one, but if you're not so much into rose I encourage you to try it anyway because I thought I didn't like rose, but I love this one. Chloe perfumes are the most powerful, long-lasting ones I've ever owned, which makes them a great value (and great options to consider for your wedding fragrance!)

I hope you have a fantastic weekend! One of my best friends is coming into town so I'm planning on catching up with her at some point. Kenny and I have a pre-Valentine's date planned at one of our favorite spots on Saturday, and then of course Sunday is the Super Bowl! I'm excited to fix some game food, including my black bean taquitos, some yummy cheesy breadsticks, and my favorite guacamole recipe! I've had some avocados ripening all week to make sure they're the perfect consistency. 😂


xoxx, Laura 

SHOP THE POST:

 

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments