Happy Hour: Morse Code

Favorite coupe glasses

Today I'm sharing the recipe for one of my very favorite cocktails! This one is SO fruity and fresh, and it just tastes like summer in a glass. The first time I made it, it easily made the top ten list of one of my favorite cocktails to make. My recipe is adapted from one I saw posted from Analog at the Hutton Hotel in Nashville, which makes me love it even more. (If you're new here Nashville = one of my favorite places ever. Kenny and I went there on one of our first trips together, and we also got engaged there so it's so special to me!)

If you're interested in my art, it's by my talented friend Cameron! Check out more of his work here.

Morse Code

Ingredients
  • 2 strawberries
  • 1.5 oz light rum
  • 0.5 oz pineapple rum
  • Juice of 1/2 lime
  • 0.5 oz simple syrup

Instructions
  1. Muddle one strawberry in a cocktail shaker.
  2. Add ice, rum, lime juice, and simple syrup to the cocktail shaker. 
  3. Shake vigorously until chilled and strain into a martini, coupe, or Nick and Nora glass. Garnish with a strawberry!  


I'm dying to hear what you think of this one! It's fresh and fruity, and I love the flavor that the pineapple rum adds. It's definitely more of a "summery" cocktail, but I enjoy it any time of year. It's a fun option if you're making cocktails for brunch or a bridal shower, and it would be great with a sparkling wine float. I also think it would be delicious as a blended cocktail, but I've never tried it that way. Maybe this summer! 🍹

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments