Trend Spotlight: Holiday Plaid


I say this every year, but plaid is my favorite "holiday" pattern! Obviously plaid isn't just for the holidays, but the beautiful tartan and blackwatch plaids really lend themselves to the holiday season, especially the red ones! The main theme of my holiday decor is tartan plaid, so I pretty much surround myself with it as much as I can this time of year, haha. Expect to see plaid featured in a lot of outfits for the next couple of months! Today I'm sharing my favorite plaid pieces for the holidays, and there are so many beautiful ones right now!


CLOTHING

I have SO many favorite plaid clothing pieces this season! My top favorite might be this red tartan plaid skirt - SO festive! I'd style it with a black or white sweater, or a fun white blouse. I also love this blackwatch plaid skirt for all winter long since it's less Christmassy. I often wear mine to the office with a black sweater and my favorite black boots


Speaking of blackwatch plaid, this dress is a major wishlist item of mine! The ruffle neckline and bow detail are stunning, and I appreciate that it's a wool blend because I'm always cold in the winter and I can't handle all of the adorable cocktail dresses! It also comes in a blouse version. For a less pricey option, I also love this dress, which also has an adorable ruffle neckline.


For something a bit more casual, there are so many beautiful plaid blouses out right now that could be dressed down with jeans. My favorites are this one and this one! I also love this plaid vest (and this one!) to layer over a cozy sweater


For the office, how fun is this plaid blazer? I think it would be beautiful layered over an LBD with my favorite pair of heels. I also love this plaid blazer, but I don't know if I have the confidence to pull it off at work! Maybe to a holiday party. 😂


ACCESSORIES

Accessories are my favorite way to wear plaid! I would say my most-worn plaid piece is this headband - I have it in both colors and it's a great way to add a little pop to a simple outfit. Another favorite of mine is this scarf! I like throwing it on with black jeans and a red sweater, or a black sweater dress for an easy, cozy outfit. This scarf is similar and you can have it monogrammed, which would make a great gift!


I hope you have a great weekend! I don't have set plans, but I'm looking forward to enjoying the last true fall weekend before we go into full holiday mode!

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commisionable links.

No comments