Recent Go-To Makeup Products (Mostly Drugstore!)


I'm not creative when it comes to makeup - I pretty much do the same thing every day, with the exception of switching up which eyeshadow palette I use. By sticking to the same routine, I've weeded out everything that I don't love and curated a collection of all of my favorite products that I use on a daily basis. Today I'm sharing my current routine of go-to makeup products, most of which are longtime holy grails, and some of which are new favorites!


Maybelline Fit Me concealer in "10 Fair/15 Light"
: I go back and forth between this and the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, but this is what I've been using lately. To apply both, I use the Real Techniques mini complexion sponges on my undereyes and any blemishes (I also use the same sponges for setting powder over the concealer).

Tula Filter blurring primer in "Luna": I started using this before my wedding a couple of years ago because I don't wear foundation, but I wanted a little extra coverage for my wedding day. This is marketed as a primer, but it provides a little bit of coverage (it comes in four different general shades for different skin tone ranges) and a blurring effect that's just enough for me. I apply it with my fingers as if it were a moisturizer and set it with a translucent powder, and I really only use it on special occasions.

Jaclyn Cosmetics liquid highlighter in "Lightning": I use a couple drops of liquid highlighter mixed with the above blurring primer to create a natural glow. The Jaclyn Cosmetics one is limited edition, but before I had that one I used the Cover FX Custom Enhancer drops in "Moonlight" and I like that one equally!

Wet n Wild translucent loose powder: This is just your basic transluscent setting powder, but it gets the job done and it's a great value - my first jar of it lasted two years.

Hoola bronzer in "Original": I'm not picky about bronzers, but this is the one I've been using lately because I got it as a freebie for my birthday. The shade might be a HINT warm for my skin tone (it does come in other shades), but I'm still enjoying it! It's more pigmented than my usual go-to Physicians Formula Butter bronzer, which I don't consider a good or bad thing, just a different formula.

Jaclyn Cosmetics Accent Light highlighter in "Iced": This is the highlighter I've been using lately and I definitely love it, but it's not my all-time favorite (my actual fave is "Sarcophagus" from Jeffree Star Cosmetics, but I'm currently waiting for my replacement to come in the mail after I shattered mine to bits several weeks ago...) I use the shade "Iced" and it's the perfect pink-ish champagne for my skin tone. It has a baked formula and is very finely milled, so it's very easy to blend into your skin for a more natural glow, and build up for a more blinding highlight. In comparison, the Jeffree Star highlight is EXTREMELY blinding and pigmented which is what I prefer for my brow bone, but the Jaclyn Cosmetics one is better for the cheeks in my opinion.

L'Oreal eyeshadow in "Cafe Au Lait": This is an eyeshadow, but I actually use it as brow powder! It's the only powder I've ever used for my brows, and it's the absolute perfect shade for my skin/hair. I use this cheap angled brush to apply it and don't put too much work into it.

Juvia's Place The Chocolates eyeshadow palette: This is probably the best quality affordable eyeshadow palette I have ever owned, and I feel like this brand is so slept-on! I can't speak for their other products (although most of the reviews are AMAZING), but their eyeshadows are beautiful. They have a lot of good neutral palettes, along with some beautiful colorful artistry palettes.

JD Glow Metallon eyeshadows: JD Glow Cosmetics is an affordable indie brand, and OMG their shadows are to die for. The "Metallon" line is my favorite, and the shades "Rich" and "Rose Goals" are the ones I use the most. They used to have a beautiful bronze shade, but I don't see that one on the site anymore. These shadows are SO metallic and pigmented, I find them best applied with my fingertip. They're inexpensive and part of what helps them be affordable is that they're sold as single pans without any packaging, so I got a magnetic palette to store mine.

Colourpop Super Shock shadow in "Ladybird": I love using this as a glittery shadow topper. I apply it with my fingertip and it adds just the right amount of sparkle! It's extremely fragile and breaks easily, but you can press it back together in the pan and it's (sort of) good as new.

L'Oreal Lash Paradise mascara: This is the only top-lash mascara I use - it's supposed to be a knockoff of the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, but in my opinion, it's better - especially for the price! It's just volumizing enough (not clumpy) and very lengthening.

L'Oreal Telescopic mascara: This is what I use for my bottom lashes, just to get some color and definition. The brush is super skinny, so it's easy to get coverage without bumping your undereye area with the brush and having to clean it up.

MAC lipstick in "Whirl": My favorite lipstick shades are deep neutrals, and this has been my go-to lately. It's one of MAC's most popular shades, but I've never owned it before. It's very similar to my longtime drugstore favorite, "Nude Nuance" by Maybelline.

Lancôme Juicy Tubes gloss: I've been a big lip gloss fan for the past few years, but only recently started wearing it over lipstick. The Lancôme Juicy Tubes are my favorite glosses right now because the formula is long lasting, super shiny, and not sticky. They come in a bunch of different shades (some with sparkle, which I love!), and they come in a squeeze tube applicator which is much more hygienic than a doe foot applicator. My favorite shades I've tried are Marshmallow Electro and Magic Spell, but I want to try Birthday Confetti next!

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments